Remapping?

exFiesta

I'd had the 5 hr Revo demo before having my car Jabba'd. I had thought that it had reverted back to the stock program - this is in fact true, just not the factory stock, it's a revo stock program. The demo also leaves some of the tables changed, and this caused the car to be overboosting, and slightly underpowered from before the demo. I must admit I didn't know this until I went to Jabba for the remap - they found all this out whilst doing their diags before the remap.

All sorted now though - the original chip gone and been replaced...

Originally posted by Tavia4x4 in this post

It wasn't just adaptation I believe.

Link to the thread in question anyone?

Must admit,ive never heard of anyone who has had issues with the demo and i'm sure if there was a problem Revo would sort it in one way or another,and im sure such threads would of appeared on cupranet by now due to alot of us being tuned by them.

Ive had a few issues with my car which was down to the dealers being generally crap(this seems to be consistant with VAG though) and revo have been excellant with after service etc and they assisted with getting my car back on the road.

(Coilpacks long story)

Seems a shame in my opinion if you are using these examples (which i havent seen yet)to norrow your choices of tuning down by not including revo in your thoughts.

If any of you see me at shows and such come over for a chat,hell I will even take you out for a spin in my car if you want to!

DJ

Seems you are a big fan of Revo, DJ, and that's all fine and dandy.

I think people have considered REVO, and many have tried the 5 hour demo, but factors such as the strange experiences (look for a thread in this forum entitled "Strange happenings" or some such), plus the price difference etc. (and the legal dispute, which mustn't be mentioned :p) and the wealth of personal recommendations have persuaded most people (certainly recently) to go the Jabba route instead.

Had a long chat with my insurance companies underwriter & they are becoming wise to chipped & remapped cars & one thing he pointed out to me is that if they have suspicionsd they may well test the car & as they are specifically looking for re-maps etc they are probably experts in finding them, also he said if the car is stolen & recovered & still driveable & someone notices its "a bit quick" they can test it or Rolling Road it. OK so you get the car back anyway but it may have the side panned in & I guess the insurance company would have the right to sue you for fraudulently obtaining insurance

Personally I dont think its worth it, if you were to knock a kid over & end up paying thousands where will that leave you financially & how would you feel for the kid who probably wont get anything like the amout he would get had you been insured

Originally posted by Deejay in this post

Link to the thread in question anyone?

Seems a shame in my opinion if you are using these examples (which i havent seen yet)to norrow your choices of tuning down by not including revo in your thoughts.

DJ

I wasn't even aware of these issues until I had decided to have the remap at Jabba. After having the revo demo it just didn't offer the type of performance gain that i wanted on my car, and hence why I chose Jabba.

I had no problems with the Revo product as such, my mate has it in his leon cupra, so I could see what it can do, just not for me..