I'm looking for a Fabia Vrs but how economical are they?

VRS-R

Hi,

I've got an Octavia Vrs mk2 for just over 2 years, unfortunatly the rise in petrol & tax costs has left me no choice but to trade it in! My next choice is to stick with Skoda and go for a Fabia diesel Vrs as i'll still have some power & fun but good economy too. So the question is this, what are they like to drive? Are they really that economical and how many miles would you get from a full tank? I'm going to look at a realy nice one next week and i'm hoping to come to a deal.

I'm trading from a Fabia diesel to one as my mileage isn't huge and I just want one so I can't really say anything but I am hoping to get 35mpg average. There are quite a few threads on here about VRs economy.

I am not sure that you could really justify changing a car on the basis of fuel economy. If you fancy one, buy it. I am hoping it will be a scream :)

I will be a Mk1 then.

Ours regularly saw 55mpg round town and low 60s on long trips.

All depends on how you drive it, obviously, but those figures are not from trying to be economical, just enjoying driving ;)

What are they like to drive? Fun in a word.

The PD engines are brilliant, decent economy and decent performance.

Couldnt recommend it highly enough, the thing to watch out for is...

1) Turbo's go occasionally

2) Rear doors wet inside (just missing sealant and can be sorted)

3) Front suspension clattering (probably drop-links need replacing).

Loved my vRS, did 70K and 3 years and it was a fab car.

RBW.

*edited*

Meant to say, I sold this for a company Golf 1.6 diesel bluemotion, which was very refined but combined both poor economy with poor performance (e.g. Fabia vRS would regularly give 55mpg, never got more than about 47mpg in the Golf Bluemotion). The overtaking grunt of the fabia on b'roads was soo much better as well.

Edited by rainbow-walker

See my signature for real world mpg - not an inflated trip computer one. I have seen 80mpg indicated on the trp computer for a 240+ mile trip up and down the A1 at a steady 60mph, and Trip 2 normally shows 58-60mph on refuelling whereas the true figure is more like 46mpg.

as said a great engine, on a run saw over 60 without issue....would i have one again, probably not as its too small for me, do i want the engine in my mk1 vrs....hell yea!