hi everyone. newbie vrs owner

Gerthmeister

Hello. My name is Gareth and I'll be picking up my 60plate vrs in two weeks. My wife is expecting our second child so she sent me our to find a more practical car than the fiat 500 sport I drive now. When I bought the car a few years ago I never tested the push chair in the boot. Guess what. It didn't fit. So when we went anywhere in mine I had to fold one of the seats down to get the pushchair in. But now. With my new car it fits.... Just lol. But anyway she also wanted me to get a 5dr. After trolling many garages looking at civics. Golfs (out of my price range) I decided to pop to my local skoda dealership. I've always liked the new shape fabia. But was looking at diesels. Nothing was floating my boat. So for a laugh I asked about vrs's the guy looked through his database and said we have one and its just been discounted by £2500 to £10,500. So I looked at all the details and couldn't turn it down.

Its a 60 plate. In black with everything on. And its only done 14,000 miles. So what do you guys think? Good deal? Please let me know. If I don't reply the wifes probably killed me as I told her it was just a 1.4 petrol fabia. Lmao. Just wait till she gets in it

See you all later

Gareth

Congratulations on your new car Gareth!

I think you will love it. The Fabia is comfy like a little Golf but I think you will enjoy the performance!

If you run out of space there is always the estate Fabia vRS in a few years...

Not sure how you will explain it to the wife though!

Better show her the rear legroom and little flip down carrier bag hooks in the book and how a large drinks bottle fits in the front door bins, as well as small ones in the centre front and rear, tell here there is a heater outlet under the front seats for the rear and show her the double glove box etc.... and then possibly fit her with a neck brace before you floor it??

Good luck!

Andy.

thanks Andy :-D I think you're right. I'll show her all the family friendly things about the car to impress her first but I think I might pootle round with her in it for a bit. But I can't see that happening. I can see myself just gunning it an scaring her to death. She doesn't like to go fast lol.

Gareth