Yeti +2

Chubbs

Was flicking through the pages on the latest AE this week and in the 'Coming soon' section I noticed the Yeti FL, due in December as we all know, but then underneath the Yeti+2 due in early 2014, presumably for the March new reg?

Not wanting to get into what it will look like etc as this has been done to death for the FL but I personally didn't realise the +2 was coming out so soon? Anyone with other news as to when?

Chubbs

If AE means Auto Express various posts suggest they are big on speculation and often inaccurate. My best guess is that Yeti+2 is a befuddled misunderstanding of the -probably true- rumour that there may well be a LWB version for the Chinese/ Asian markets in future, possibly built outside Europe and not intended for Europe.

Ignoring AutoExpress's usual total inacurracies, I was looking through 50 odd pages from the Geneva Motor Show earlier today and couldn't find one photo of a Yeti. Superb, Rapid and Octavia, but no Yeti........................

I was reading a foreign report last night from the head Skoda man; two new Yeti models are planned - 1 smaller than current, 1 larger expanding the SUV range to 3 vehicles. No dates or spec confirmed.

Unfortunately I can't find the report now but I'm sure someone can find more info.

I was reading a foreign report last night from the head Skoda man; two new Yeti models are planned - 1 smaller than current, 1 larger expanding the SUV range to 3 vehicles. No dates or spec confirmed.

Unfortunately I can't find the report now but I'm sure someone can find more info.

It was a statement made at the Geneva motor show by company chairman Dr Winfried Vahland reported in the press to the effect that they were looking at a seven seat vehicle to go above the yeti, didnt say if it was going to be a developement of the yeti or not.. Also commented that the Roomster would likely be replaced by a compact SUV due to the poor sales of the said Roomster due to its looks and that the next Superbe would be a 'milestone and I dont say that lightley' more than an evolution of the present car. He also hinted that they were considering a VW Caddy type long wheelbase model as a cheaper form of family transport. We shall have to wait and see what appears.