Silver Roof on Black Yeti ?

Drucey

Anyone got any pics of Black with a Silver roof before I confirm my colour choice?

Sorry no, but should look quite funky...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Just don't go for silver roof rails in my book... just look at that pic! It looks ridiculous to have the four ends of the rails in black yet the rail is sort of the same colour as the roof... really awful.

As to silver roof on black. Could work. I've seen one and it looked fine.

Black body and roof bars + "Signal Orange" roof, bumpers, door protection trims, alloys and even the dashboard "mustache" trim !

There is such a Yeti I could see a few times here in Ashdod. Asked myself if it's a special edition or a DIY work. Although I don't like black cars, it looks to me a nice and apart combination !

Yesterday, while at the first service, I had the opportunity to reveal it belongs to the Bodywork / Paint dept. chief of the VAG service center here. After all, it's a DIY work...

Maybe this is from where the inspiration comes:

BT-Design-Skoda-Yeti-2011-Photo-09.jpg

unfortunately I don't seem able to open the image :think:

Looks to be a wider problem than only my PC / Opera / MSIE...

Maybe this link works. There are some pictures of it.

http://www.google.co...6&tx=122&ty=103

http://carinpicture.com/2012/02/bt-design-skoda-yeti-2011/bt-design-skoda-yeti-2011-photo-09/

Edited by rafi_arch

MarieK's photo of the Black Yeti/Silver roof conbo looks great. I was contemplating the Silver roof on ny Rosso Brunello but the dealer suggested there would not be much left with having the sun roof fitted. This photo contradicts it totally, I do wish I had gone with my heart and had the silver roof at the time of ordering

Looks to be a wider problem than only my PC / Opera / MSIE...

Maybe this link works. There are some pictures of it.

http://www.google.co...6&tx=122&ty=103

http://carinpicture....-2011-photo-09/

Works fine now, second link is the better one. Hmmm, can't decide what I think of it. It certainly stands out from the herd! :)

MarieK's photo of the Black Yeti/Silver roof conbo looks great. I was contemplating the Silver roof on ny Rosso Brunello but the dealer suggested there would not be much left with having the sun roof fitted. This photo contradicts it totally, I do wish I had gone with my heart and had the silver roof at the time of ordering

You can get any colour you like added by a wrapper.

This has two benefits over ordering new.

1. Much cheaper.

2. Removable if the colour combo looks dodgy or you go off it later.

If I was looking for a funny colour roof this would be my plan.

You could try it and then go back to standard later if you want.

+1 on Richards comment. Get it wrapped afterwards, at least then you can always take it off.

The black with the silver roof looks quite nice, and (more agreeing) Johanns comment on the silver roof rails, they don't work, keep them black.

Maybe to add a little bit more silver, Skoda also do mirror covers, front bumper trims etc, which could finish the look off.

Hmmm, can't decide what I think of it. It certainly stands out from the herd! :)

The more I look at it - the more I like it !

Although - as said - I don't like black cars (funeral, ministerial etc.) I like this "well working" combination of colors.

It's not anemic, nor screaming out, but expresses "purposeful & sporty" leisure car.

Now I'm trying to figure which color matches best with the "Cappuccino" - White as frothed milk ?

Going to prepare one with the machine (in the kitchen) as the time for it has arrived...

Edited by rafi_arch

Going further with the "silver roof" I would suggest using the "orange miscellaneous" idea and have all those parts in silver, including the side mirrors. Alloys and bumper "false stainless steel protectors" are already silver by default. And please: the roof bars in black !

In aluminium anodised they look cheaper. On any trim level.

Edited by rafi_arch
  • Like 1

Some examples from the owners' picture thread as to added silver to black Yetis:

Mirror caps only:

4408632897_cf7ccb94b4_o.jpg

With added silver bits to lower valance under the doors:

123980847.jpg

And then the one with the most silver bling:

Click here to see a list of everything that has been added: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/144075-yeti-forum-members-picture-thread/page__st__240#entry2006242

Yeti_01.jpg

Well I went for the all black but I'm interested in the massive anti the silver rails. Surely they look better than plain black on a black Yeti even if the ends are black ?

Well I went for the all black but I'm interested in the massive anti the silver rails. Surely they look better than plain black on a black Yeti even if the ends are black ?

Each to their own Drucey. But go and look at any other car with silver roof rails. You'll see that the ENTIRE rail is silver. Then by all means have silver ones on a black car. But these half baked affairs scream nasty, cheap and lazy design to my eyes.

But honestly each to their own. It's your car and if YOU like them does it matter what others think?! No. So get 'em!

Also someone just posted this video of a black Yeti with a white roof and bonnet stripes. Gives you a good idea of the look (silver won't look much different):

• Like 1

Each to their own Drucey. But go and look at any other car with silver roof rails. You'll see that the ENTIRE rail is silver. Then by all means have silver ones on a black car. But these half baked affairs scream nasty, cheap and lazy design to my eyes.

But honestly each to their own. It's your car and if YOU like them does it matter what others think?! No. So get 'em!

Also someone just posted this video of a black Yeti with a white roof and bonnet stripes. Gives you a good idea of the look (silver won't look much different):

I agree Johann that all silver are far more attractive and I'm still trying to source some but hey ho ...

I'm not sure I agree. With my current silver Yeti I kept with all black rails, trying to keep with simple forms and trying to downplay the excessive chrome to the front end.

I've now ordered a Regency green, and from the side feel the visual lift given by the silver section of the roof rails is important. All silver would be too much , but black cill, black rubbing strip and black roof rail looks little dull.

I also think that it works with Musky Yetis. Aesthetics is always a bit subjective. Just happy we all have such a great car !

I saw a black Yeti with a silver roof this morning, personally I didn't like it. I think white would be a better option, certainly I'd like it on my Muscovado!

Fred

I might be interested in putting a black vinyl wrap on the roof of my L&K when it arrives (of course, the sunroof only leaves a fairly narrow margin). Knowing nothing about such things, can any kind and knowledgeable person on here tell me (a) how robust such wraps are, eg re standing up to washing (including automatic car washes) and (B) what sort of prices we would be talking about. Thanks.

I might be interested in putting a black vinyl wrap on the roof of my L&K when it arrives (of course, the sunroof only leaves a fairly narrow margin). Knowing nothing about such things, can any kind and knowledgeable person on here tell me (a) how robust such wraps are, eg re standing up to washing (including automatic car washes) and ( B) what sort of prices we would be talking about. Thanks.

Sorry, I can't answer your questions but, from the post below, it seems you need to be very careful with who you choose to do the wrap:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/266748-my-car-wrapping-disaster

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

I was going to say, ask Bossfox/Richard.

The few vinyl wraps I have seen have been very hard wearing. The Sky fitters van's are all done that way, as are many buses and even some trains now.