Yellow Peril

Well, it's unwrapped and I have to say it looks 100% better.

22jf.jpg

uh36.jpg

1zex.jpg

I'm rather relieved. :D

I tried looking on google images for something that would illustrate my awe, but all I could find was cat memes, so I'm just going to say: 'It's beautiful! :blush: '

Hope you're proud of her thus far! :rock:

• Like 1

In a way I'm kind of glad that you've got the same engine as me - had it been a new EA211 engine I'd have been envious beyond words :)

Has anyone seen (or more specifically test driven) a 16v unit yet? They're supposed to be fitted in the Mk3 Octavia aren't they?

Yes. I believe they are in the mk3 Octy.

There is always positives and negatives with a new engine.

Ours may be a bit older tech, but it's well known, faults already diagnosed and it's able to be mapped if you feel the need.

The new engine is supposed to warm up quicker, making it a bit more efficient.  But it's also not time served and tested to destruction.

I'd be happy with either.  It's not a big jump in power, they are both the same I believe.

Yeah they are the same power, main thing about the newer unit is it's quite a bit lighter and (allegedly) more efficient due to more compact design of the exhaust manifold and cooling circuits etc.

Fair point about it not being "tried and tested" though, with new tech comes the worry that it could end up with some CAVE like issues I suppose.

Yeah they are the same power, main thing about the newer unit is it's quite a bit lighter and (allegedly) more efficient due to more compact design of the exhaust manifold and cooling circuits etc.

Fair point about it not being "tried and tested" though, with new tech comes the worry that it could end up with some CAVE like issues I suppose.

Yes, it'd be annoying to live through the constant alterations to the Rapid and then start that again with the engine too as they tweak bits! :D

• Like 1

Yes, it'd be annoying to live through the constant alterations to the Rapid and then start that again with the engine too as they tweak bits! :D

It's definitely one I'm going to keep an eye on - who knows, in three years time I may be tempted to get in to the routine of changing whenever it starts needing to visit MOT test centres :)

Shocking!   :)

It's OK, it's over.

Normal service will now be resumed. :rofl:

There is a Roomster Scout in the salvage auction at lunchtime on a 13 plate, but I think it'll be too expensive because some of the other bidders didn't see it's plus vat...

Haven't you already got a Roomster Scout??!!

No, I've got a Roomster SE 1.2tsi and a Fabia Scout on order...

Starting to think I need help.

• Like 3

Meanwhile... back on planet Rapid.

Hello, I like this!

(yes, it still needs the spoiler)

frj3.jpg

Nice sized set of wheels transform the car :thumbup:

It helps that the standard ride height of the Rapid is quite ok...