Yellow Peril

224 miles on the clock so far.

Ended up here...

rrda.jpg

Not as bad as it first looks though. :angel: (well, for me)

As I was driving to an appointment today I witnessed and recorded this on my Blackvue 400:

Not good.  Bit of an advert for not undertaking and buying a car with ESP right there.

One of the officers did ask me why it's called a Rapid if it's only got a 1.2 litre engine though, which did make me laugh.

• Like 4

Is the 32FT how much Tourque the engine has?? :giggle:

just watched the Vid and :whew:  Lucky you where being legal slightly faster and you may have been caught up in it.

That's his insurance going through the roof then............... when he gets his license back.

Coppers, what comedians  :giggle:

Did he even have a licence driving like that, If anyone passed someone with that skill of the road needs to loose his license.

Bunch of idiots on the road at the moment. glad you didnt get caught up on it and hope the Po Po take the video for a convicion for wreckless driving. :rock:

The words 'just desserts' spring to mind.  

It's good that the only victim of his stupidity was him.

Tankslapper at 80 is never going to end well.

• Like 1

It looked to me as if the car in front of the Fiesta was actively blocking the overtake - it appeared to pull in to block the undertake then pulled back out again to stop it from overtaking. It's back in the outside lane after the crash, with no other vehicles on the inside.

From my perspective he seemed to allow a bit of safe distance after the van before pulling into the driving lane.

To be fair, he was probably a bit surprised to have another car gaining on him so quick and going for a lunge down the inside.

Mind you, I'm surprised he didn't stop.  But I guess a lot of people wouldn't have.

That's his insurance going through the roof then............... when he gets his license back. Coppers, what comedians  :giggle:

That's assuming that they had both to begin with.

Glad that you're all right Richard and that you had the decency to stop -most people wouldn't.

One of the officers did ask me why it's called a Rapid if it's only got a 1.2 litre engine though, which did make me laugh.

One of my colleagues after asking what performance etc mine was after I picked it up said "It must be quick, it says so on the back look!" :)

• Like 2

That could just be panic reaction though ... "oh **** someone's tear arsing it up behind me, I'd better get out of his way ... fuuuuuuuu he's undertaking me, I'd better move back out again!"

100% the Fiesta's fault IMO.

That's how I saw it too.

• Like 1

All on the Fiesta. The car that passed the van first could have pulled in sooner but no excuse for the Fiesta to be doing 80+ flying up behind people thinking they move or get undertaken. It looked inevitable that they wouldn't save it but I was more shocked that only you stopped, especially the Mazda 2 and the van. I would have stopped to see if they were OK even if it was their fault. 

• Like 2

Just to be clear I wasn't trying to make excuses for the Fiesta driver!

If it was a panic reaction by the car in front then they were aware of the Fiesta, so I'm puzzled as to why didn't they stop when it vanished in a cloud of dust behind them. Not very responsible driving by quite a few folks there.

Bit OTT closing the road for that though, could have kept 1 lane open.

They had to get the Fiesta across the road and weren't sure how mullered it was.

It was only shut for about five minutes or so.

I was on M25 once at about 11pm. Around iver Heath ish.   

Similar thing, (Although I didn't see it happen) I came along about 15mins after incident.

The highways car appeared in front from sliproad, rolling roadblock brought all 4 lanes to

standstill. I was 3 vehicles from the front of the rapidly forming queue.

Car was stuffed into central armco. I had a grandstand view of all the faffing about  

to get the wreck (occupants uninjured standing on shoulder) over to where the occupants

were. 2 and a half hours later so 1.30am (I was expecting to be back in Bristol by then)

they finally allowed us to proceed. Mega tailback behind by now, as far as the eye could

see. The annoying thing was that there was no apparent good reason why we were kept

waiting as the offending car had been dragged over to hard shoulder a good hour before we

were allowed to go. No major debris and no apparent fluids/fuel on the outside lane and

even if there was, no attempt to clear/soak them up. We were just flagged to proceed again

all 4 lanes. Had it again on the M4 recently although I never saw why. 2 hours that time.   

They just drove the Fabia with the front wheel smashed in over to the hard shoulder and up to the next layby.

Quite efficient.

Still not as good as the police arriving at the Fiesta 20 seconds after me.

There were two plain clothes non-traffic officers in an unmarked car about 200 yards back down the road when it happened.

Talk about convenient. :)

As I was driving to an appointment today I witnessed and recorded this on my Blackvue 400:

On that subject ... have you any experience of the non-HD Blackvue? It's a fair chunk cheaper ... Also did you manage to find an ignition linked feed in the fuse box other than the 12v socket?

On that subject ... have you any experience of the non-HD Blackvue? It's a fair chunk cheaper ... Also did you manage to find an ignition linked feed in the fuse box other than the 12v socket?

Yes, I just used a piggback off of the stereo fuse.

Didn't know there was a non-HD blackvue now.

We used to use the 300 and 350 non-HD at work, but they were discontinuted I thought and for less than £20 more we get the 380 now which is noticably superior. (although I run 400s in my cars)

The fusebox is under the steering wheel, plenty of space in there . :)

The two people who didn't stop in that video of BossFox....... sub human IMO. Should be law like it is in many other countries.

• Like 2