Yellow Peril

Good shout, I'd be up for that.

No fast and the furious crap though Lee!

:rofl: :rofl:

I may be from Essex but I'm not part of the 'Jelly Mould' and all blow no go club!!

What about some Gullwing doors and go faster stripes :think:

Back on topic....... a few subtle hints of black will look good.

When you do go can you confirm they're the new spec SE's?

Old spec SE's. Took an S spec out for a test drive (Would have been a pig to get an SE out with the way they have the cars crammed in), to drive I actually found it to be a revelation compared to my 11 year old 1.4mpi - the much maligned interior feels a nicer place to be than what I'm used to and the 1.2 TSI is responsive without being... Well... Rapid ;-)

I have a decision to make, and sharpish.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

and the 1.2 TSI is responsive without being... Well... Rapid ;-)

The power delivery of the TSI is so smooth it's quite deceptive. Convinced it's quicker than my Roomster 1.6 in "real life" conditions, and it does it all at about half the volume and 10mpg better too :)

Are you looking at an 86PS SE then?

and it does it all at about half the volume and 10mpg better too :)

What are you averaging so far?

Are you looking at an 86PS SE then?

The stock on offer at lookers are 105PS, so if I want to jump at that price it'll be one of those I think unless any 86PS turn up at a similar price.

The next few days will be spent wondering whether I want to commit myself to finance payments (and if so whether that's hp or personal loan)

What are you averaging so far?

Just under 40, but I do a lot of very uneconomical driving. I would imagine it would be around 10MPG better for a "normal" person.

The stock on offer at lookers are 105PS, so if I want to jump at that price it'll be one of those I think unless any 86PS turn up at a similar price.

The 105s are a tax band higher but you get more power and an extra gear so I think I'd be happy at that price :)

Do the SEs they have on their website at £11479 have any options? They're a very good price...

Just under 40, but I do a lot of very uneconomical driving. I would imagine it would be around 10MPG better for a "normal" person.

That's not too bad at all, I do tend to drive economically and only ever go above 70 if I'm overtaking so that's encouraging.

The 105s are a tax band higher but you get more power and an extra gear so I think I'd be happy at that price :)

Do the SEs they have on their website at £11479 have any options? They're a very good price...

Yep fair point about the tax band. They seem to be as per the original SE spec so far as I could tell, but still a good price all the same.

Yeah the idea of free servicing for 30k miles is interesting but with APR etc taken in to account it just doesn't look as attractive to me.

This is proving harder to make my mind up than when I bought a house :D

Yeah the idea of free servicing for 30k miles is interesting but with APR etc taken in to account it just doesn't look as attractive to me.

It's better on new ones.

On those you can haggle a decent discount, then if you finance it they give you an extra £1000 off and three years free servicing.

There are some figures you need to follow, but I'm putting down 50%, paying £600 in finance charges and in return getting the extra £1000 off from Skoda UK (in addition to dealer discount) and the servicing package.

It was cheaper than just buying it.

• Like 1

Yeah I can see it's a good deal on new especially if you have a good chunk to serve as deposit.

There's a little voice in the back of my head getting gradually louder saying "JFDI" :lol:

It depends if you can get a significantly better APR from the bank? I guess the free servicing would save you about £400 over the three years.

You might also be able to negotiate a bit more discount off the car if you take the Skoda finance too as they are making some profit on that.

It depends if you can get a significantly better APR from the bank?

An almost certainty although I'm yet to actually ask them for a loan. That's a job for Monday.

An almost certainty although I'm yet to actually ask them for a loan. That's a job for Monday.

Take the Skoda finance for the deposit contribution and free servicing, then pay it off straight away( with a bank loan if necessary) simples!!

Take the Skoda finance for the deposit contribution and free servicing, then pay it off straight away( with a bank loan if necessary) simples!!

There is a minimum term now,

Still saves you £££ though.

That's right, I think legally there is a 14 day cooling off period if I remember correctly.

Correct! I rang to see how soon I could pay it off as I'd been told by my dealer I needed to keep the finance for 3 months they said I could pay it off right away! I asked if it would effect the deposit contribution or free servicing and they said no, even putting that in writing via an email! So I paid it off there and then so for the price of phone call and £7 interest I got £500 off and 3 years free servicing. :)

Edited by stokey
  • Like 2

The lads on the Octy 2 Blackline forum have been doing it for a while, but I was sure there must be a catch. The dealer told me you now have to keep the finance 3 months, on the same day my father in law went into another dealer and was told you have to keep the finance for 6 months so I rang to clarify :)

The lads on the Octy 2 Blackline forum have been doing it for a while, but I was sure there must be a catch. The dealer told me you now have to keep the finance 3 months, on the same day my father in law went into another dealer and was told you have to keep the finance for 6 months so I rang to clarify :)

I think the dealers get a bonus if you keep the agreement, so its in their interest for people not to cancel and pay off early!