Yellow Peril

Correct! I rang to see how soon I could pay it off as I'd been told by my dealer I needed to keep the finance for 3 months they said I could pay it off right away! I asked if it would effect the deposit contribution or free servicing and they said no, even putting that in writing via an email! So I paid it off there and then so for the price of phone call and £7 interest I got £500 off and 3 years free servicing. :)

I picked up a 1.6 TDI Elegance on Saturday and have taken the finance to get the £1000 deposit contribution and the free servicing. The dealer told me that I would need to wait a couple of months to pay it off. Can I phone up within the 14 day cooling off period and pay it off in full without losing the free servicing and deposit contribution?

Thanks,

Paul

• Like 1

I picked up a 1.6 TDI Elegance on Saturday and have taken the finance to get the £1000 deposit contribution and the free servicing. The dealer told me that I would need to wait a couple of months to pay it off. Can I phone up within the 14 day cooling off period and pay it off in full without losing the free servicing and deposit contribution?

Thanks,

Paul

Just phone up Skoda finance on the number on your agreement and they will talk you through your options. Quite a few people have one this, yes you keep the deposit contribution and the free servicing still stands. The day you ring up the interest is frozen giving you up to 28 days to day it off, even though the letter they send out says pay within 7 days. Dealers all give differing lengths of time you need to keep the finance but Skoda finance say you can pay it off at any time.

Hope that helps

I eventually got through to Skoda Finance and was assured that my deposit contribution and free servicing would he unaffected by me paying it off, so have done so and only had to pay £7.12 in interest. Extremely happy.

One query though. My Daylight Running Lights don't come on and when I looked in the fuse box there is no button like it refers to in the manual. I haven't had a chance to ask at the dealers. Has anybody else come across this?

Thanks,

Paul

I eventually got through to Skoda Finance and was assured that my deposit contribution and free servicing would he unaffected by me paying it off, so have done so and only had to pay £7.12 in interest. Extremely happy.

One query though. My Daylight Running Lights don't come on and when I looked in the fuse box there is no button like it refers to in the manual. I haven't had a chance to ask at the dealers. Has anybody else come across this?

Thanks,

Paul

Are they turned off in the maxidot?

There is no switch in my fuse box.

That seems strange. Mine has the switch, I've just turned mine off.

Can you take a photo of your fuse box so we can point out where it should be?

Alledgedly it's a Briskoda meeting.

No giant bananas required, as I have a Skoda. ;)

This is why I've not put my name down for this.

It seems you can't be a skoda fan without owning one.

So I'm expecting to have settle for looking at pictures (again)

This is why I've not put my name down for this.

It seems you can't be a skoda fan without owning one.

So I'm expecting to have settle for looking at pictures (again)

Well, you should know you are more than welcome Gary. As you would have been on the Castle Combe stand.

But it seems daft to take a non-Skoda when I have a Skoda. (or two)

post-334-0-56122900-1367595592_thumb.jpg

That seems strange. Mine has the switch, I've just turned mine off.

Can you take a photo of your fuse box so we can point out where it should be?

See attached image

Yeah it should be where the gap is. Maybe they've removed it in the newer Rapids? Doesn't make sense though as they are mandatory on all cars type approved from February 2011, and there is no way the Rapid would have been done that long ago :S

Well, you should know you are more than welcome Gary. As you would have been on the Castle Combe stand.

But it seems daft to take a non-Skoda when I have a several Skoda's.

Fixed that for you :D

Had the spoiler turned up Richard?

Seen pics of small one fitted and not sure now - awaiting you to fit yours lol :)

Yes, I've had it for a week already.

But I need something to fit it too! :D

Well Briskoda has it's first yellow one on the way but will anyone be brave enough to go for Rallye Green? I think it looks good!

That would actually pretty good if there was a VRs badge to complete it.

• Like 1