Yellow Peril

What is the quality like on the super skoda ones?

Spoiler?

Not great, needs a bit of prep work with fine filler before painting.

Some small marks, mainly on the edges.

It's a good shape car hence why mpg is better than fabia etc.

I just drove to my sisters' place on the A roads with my mum and the boot about half full, just shy of 150 miles trip computer indicated 59.7 mpg. That'll do me :)

I just drove to my sisters' place on the A roads with my mum and the boot about half full, just shy of 150 miles trip computer indicated 59.7 mpg. That'll do me :)

Update to this... had a shopping trip with sister & her kids and then drove back today, trip home indicated 65 mpg, filled back up at the same pump and brim to brim worked out at 59mpg.

Extremely pleased with the economy from the 1.2 TSI.

Which will also be a 1.2 tsi... :happy::rofl:

True :)

It'll be interesting to hear what you get out of it, my day to day stuff is giving 52 ish but I'm up in the North West where it's mostly flat so tend to get pretty close to the official combined figures regardless of what I drive!

My Wife has the same engine in her Yeti, which is why I'm happy to buy one.

Considering that's got the aerodynamics of a barn, is probably 200kg heavier and she doesn't have a clue about economical driving it still manages 40mpg.

Will be interested to see what it does in a more streamlined lighter car.

Should be even nipper too! :)

• Like 3

My Wife has the same engine in her Yeti, which is why I'm happy to buy one.

Considering that's got the aerodynamics of a barn, is probably 200kg heavier and she doesn't have a clue about economical driving it still manages 40mpg.

Will be interested to see what it does in a more streamlined lighter car.

Should be even nipper too! :)

goes well in the Golf too (my wife has the same engine in the golf). Definitely thinking a 1.2 Rapid may be the way ahead.

• Like 1

Well, with the (possibly temporary) U turn on the spoiler the first car parts arrived today...

tyres.jpg

I'm hoping wheels will be here in a day or two.

Then car will be built in two or three weeks! :)

post-60294-0-86846100-1370894303_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well, thanks to a very kind member of Briskoda... who not only has serious skills and was willing to do it...

In the motoring speak of a certain car mag...

This is how it could look!

yrf5.jpg

• Like 4

It's going to look great in yellow! I think some spacers in the rear will bring the rear wheels out slightly, of course it's not as easy to tell until you get the car and put your new wheels on. :)

• Like 1

I think the Rapid has a slightly wider rear track.

There will certainly be a few things to do before the Big Briskoda Meet a week or two after the car is delivered.

Yellow FTW! :D

• Like 4