Yellow do I go there?

No ...no....no.....no....no....no....no......no......no.....no........all your friends will leave you, your wife will divorce you....your kids won't talk to you.....the police will arrest you....everybody will hate you...nobly will let you out of side streets......yobs will spit on your car....you will never sell it....garages will refuse to MOT it........

please please please don't do it.......

Couldn't agree more!

Well, you did ask :-/

Edited by flying pig

Personally I think the Octavia is just too big to pull it off. I like to see them on the road but Id probably never have the nads to own one due simply to the fact it would be hard to shift and command the lowest part ex offer from a dealer. I do however give some credit to those that dont follow the heard or give a stink about the second hand values! :)

• Like 1

If anyone genuinely knows of a dealer who has been stuck with a FL VRS in yellow for some time, post it up here. I'd happily tap them up for a bargain!

The more I look at Leon's pics in this thread, the more I am sure: yellow is not just a good colour of the VRS, it is the BEST colour on the VRS!

• Like 2

u don't get yellow for "a quick sale" later on down the track.

u only get yellow if u actually want to keep it. hence why its very hard to move one at a dealer showroom. unless someone is specifically looking for a yellow one, it won't sell.

i don't regret one bit getting yellow. in fact, each time i see it, i'm glad i picked yellow.

been more than 2yrs now since i ordered mine from the factory. i still get numerour positive comments. lots of head-turns.

when going on skoda cruises here, i'm glad i got yellow, cause everyone else is "which blue/anthacite/white/black octavia is mine?!?!?".

mine is easy to spot cause its rare ;)

i also believe the yellow is best suited to the liftback, rather than to the wagon.even in the pre-fl shape

IMG_0744.jpgDSCF2360a.jpgDSCF2359.jpgIMG_3511_zps51a8212f.jpgcbay_skodafest13-32_zps8d8d778d.jpg22104_10151465388163834_1379103236_n_zps130af2e4.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

If I were buying a new one, I'd buy yellow if it was available.

The misty background in one of the photographs gives a clue as to why. Yellow cars have been proven to be statistically less likely (by a small but apparently measurable amount) to be involved in collisions. Even better than bright red apparently.

Some of the greys, silvers and darker greens can look cool in the showroom or even parked on your drive, but I regard these, unfortunately, as "stealth" colours. Most of the time you will be inside the car and will not see the colour. It would be an advantage, however, if other drivers could.

Years ago I bought a new Reliant Scimitar GTE and chose April Yellow, and have never regretted it (still got the car - 250,000 miles so far). Recently bought an MX-5 and chose True Red as the brightest colour I could get - yellow ones not available unfortunately.

I drive briskly and do much of my motoring in the countryside. I do not want some pillock pulling out of a side turning in front of me and saying "Sorry mate I didn't see you."

• Like 1

I like the yellow but probably wouldn't have one myself.

The yellow looks stunning in photos where the sun is splitting the sky. But with the UKs miserable and changeable weather the yellow might look a bit flat.

If I were buying a new one, I'd buy yellow if it was available.

The misty background in one of the photographs gives a clue as to why. Yellow cars have been proven to be statistically less likely (by a small but apparently measurable amount) to be involved in collisions. Even better than bright red apparently.

Some of the greys, silvers and darker greens can look cool in the showroom or even parked on your drive, but I regard these, unfortunately, as "stealth" colours. Most of the time you will be inside the car and will not see the colour. It would be an advantage, however, if other drivers could.

Years ago I bought a new Reliant Scimitar GTE and chose April Yellow, and have never regretted it (still got the car - 250,000 miles so far). Recently bought an MX-5 and chose True Red as the brightest colour I could get - yellow ones not available unfortunately.

I drive briskly and do much of my motoring in the countryside. I do not want some pillock pulling out of a side turning in front of me and saying "Sorry mate I didn't see you."

Don't Believe it !!

Bright Yellow, DRL's and you still get To$$ers pulling out on you, I had to overtake some Goon the other day in the Hatchings at a road junction other wise I'd have collided with him

If you like it get it.

Not for me. And if it's not for most people it might affect resale but then you're maybe getting it a bit cheaper anyway.

But then I like the green which a lot of people don't.

Buy one, puts a smile on your face when you see it parked next to all the drab cars in the car park. Its easy to see where you parked from miles away. :giggle: Looks great when clean/polished.

Fk resale, buy someone that makes you smile, buy something you will enjoy.

Don't Believe it !!

Bright Yellow, DRL's and you still get To$$ers pulling out on you, I had to overtake some Goon the other day in the Hatchings at a road junction other wise I'd have collided with him

Yep happens to me too,mine Sprint yellow too.

Infact, sometimes it looks like they feel they were blinded by the sun...

Ah, I see. That's something we don't have to worry about here brother!

Your car is also stunning, IMO.

Dammit, I really want a banana coloured Octavia now!

• Like 1

Well to be honest not worried about resale as I'd keep it for a long time. My kids are only 2 and 7 months old and I can't see needing less room for some time.

Anyone in/Nr South Wales with one ??

Yeah my last one was race blue, loved it but a few around my way

Well here's the offender :

image_zps01016c66.jpg

Do it!! If you like it get it, it's your car at the end of the day!

See the light and go with yellow. No point having a car like that and not wanting to be noticed!! It's a pain to clean but is a great colour. Personally I would hate if someone pulled up next to me in the exact same car and making the individual choice regarding colour cuts down that possiblity.

:rock:

See the light and go with yellow. No point having a car like that and not wanting to be noticed!! It's a pain to clean but is a great colour. Personally I would hate if someone pulled up next to me in the exact same car and making the individual choice regarding colour cuts down that possiblity.

:rock:

Think I'm edging towards it, lets hope my settlement comes through quickly and I like what I see in shop window reflections :-)

my sister in law got a yellow punto cause she thought it was safer with the brighter colour ETC, and 8 months later some one ran into the back of her, writing both cars off and the guy was sober, so if you are in a yellow car you can still get into a crash, there is a yellow mk1 octavia VRS about 15 doors up from me, never talked to the guy but the car seems nice and is on a 52 plate but allot of the times i am driving out of the street he is cleaning it, so probably that could be one reason to avoid a yellow car but you will stand out and you won't (hopefully) lose your car in the carpark

If you like it, do it!

They're easy to find in car parks.

They glow on dull days, just to cheer you up.

You can look down on cowardly Audi drivers in one of the dozen different shades of grey they seem to offer.

Cars should be fun, nuts to classy (Yellow is not classy, I'll grant you that).

Small children love them.

I am a bit eccentric though.