My fabia vrs mk 1

Fabiasteve

Well I've had a fabia since may 12 but a chance came about to "upgrade" my car basically so I grabbed it. Had a 54 plate vrs which was mapped when I bought it and had nasty coilovers that were seized solid (jom) and not long after I bought it the turbo packed in so got new one at £660 all in and when it came out the garage the clutch randomly started slipping? Anyway bought a 8 paddle clutch kit and smf kit from cg motorsport and all was well. So anyway

Came across a 05 plate fabia so contacted seller and agreed to straight swap for his car. Spec as follows is

hi, this is my 2005 Fabia VRS. its MOTd till june 2013 and taxed till the end of july. has 96k on the clock with part service history. as you can see from the pictures the car has been modified. the mods are:

frontmount intercooler

hybrid PD130 turbo

Sachs performance clutch

PlowerFlow turbo back exhaust with decat

lowered on coilovers vmax

adjustable droplinks

wide mouth front bumper

flyeye kit

pipercross panel filter

stage 2live Revo remap

boost gauge

Cupra R spliter

just had the aircon recharged

Here are the pictures. I love it compared to my standard looking black one I had

null-5.jpg

null-1.jpg

Plans are. Fix the expansion tank issue. The overheating light comes on when started

Couple new tyres needed. Cv boot kit as 1 is hanging off

Steering wheel sits way off to left. Hoping just tracking but don't know yet! Find out soon on that 1

Thanks

I had a black one which I didn't quite "love" but done a good job when a needed it but ive always loved red cars especially with these kind if mods i would have done anyway, thought it made perfect sense. Thought people would be saying imagine swapping that for a standard one!!

Previous owner was from Irvine but told me guy before him done most of the mods from Essex.

87 from my black 1 to 97k for this 1. History up until 2010 so isnt too bad. Recept from vw dealer for £1170 for the turbo and other things to be done in July 2012. Suppose ill find out tomorrow when it goes into garage for a check up.

Mods wise. Basically none. Seems fine the way she is. Ordered two rainsport 2's last night so get them fitted and get it set up tracking wise. Get it serviced and in the next couple weeks get the timing belt and water pump changed for peace of mind.

• Like 1

Nope none of my own pics as yet. Needing to get a decent camera to compliment the car!

Some good news tyres came today. Uniroyal rain sport 2 195/45r16

null-7.jpg

Trying to get them fitted this weekend and get the tracking done!

Well got the tyres fitted yesterday but couldn't get it on the bloody ramp to get it tracked as its that low. Anyone know anyone with a ramp ground level? Central Scotland.

Euro car parts delivered my expansion tank and the cv boot kit but think the cv is too far gone. There isn't the usual clunk on full lock but like a grumble? But isn't that loud so thought maybe because its that low down?

Well little progress with the fabia today. That's the tracking sorted so over the moon with that! Replaced the expansion bottle, raised the rear up 5mm or so as it sat far to low compared to the front. Re-greased the cv joint and re-clipped cv boot and done a wheel bearing!

Next couple weeks include a Service and timing belt and water pump change n that's it! :)

The car was bought from Irvine so maybe seen it about. Ok bud thanks. She's tidy

Getting the timing belt done in a few weeks people is 150 good for the labour including a service? I'll be getting parts.

• 2 weeks later...