Boot release

I have a 1.9 SDI Fabia. When the weather is very hot, the boot release (inside the car, to the left of the driver) doesn't work. The boot isn't opened although you can lift the release; in fact you can lift it even more than it should. Did anyone have the same problem?

tia,

Chris

This is because the cable could be streached.

May be in need of a slight adjustment.

If it is covered under warranty they should do it FOC up to the first service.

After that it is classed as an adjustment and will be charged out.

But should not be a big job to do.

Get it done at the next service?

Sarah

Freaking hell' date=' so I cant open the boot without using the fob? You have to remove the key from the ignition to do that which on my Pioneer H/U switches it off!

:([/quote']

Not if you press the door unlock button as it unlocks the boot too.

It doesnt NEED a boot release on the Furby vRS - after all, you have the button on the keyfob, and also, you can just grab the lid at the back, which will unlock it too ;)

Therefore there is no need to use a release cable, as it's electronically controlled...

It doesnt NEED a boot release on the Furby vRS - after all' date=' you have the button on the keyfob, and also, you can just grab the lid at the back, which will unlock it too ;)

Therefore there is no need to use a release cable, as it's electronically controlled...[/quote']

Not if you have one door opening or the anti hijack on. All doors need to be unlocked for it to work.

Also some Fabias have both. My elegance had both when I had it.

True but if you inside just flick the cdl button, if you outside use the button on the fob.

which is what I was getting at with an earlier post. ;)

Think mine is bust, when I press the unlock button the boot doesnt release, you still have to walk to the back of the car and grab the lid, unlike with the keyfob where it does work and unlocks the boot so you can easily lift it up.

Wonder if people dont understand exactly what i'm saying, sorry if i'm having a blonde moment but it's bugging me.

When I use the key fob to unlock the boot, you can hear the boot release, then it pops up a bit, making it easy to lift without having to press the release catch near the number plate.

When I am inside the car what button do I press (CDL - Central Locking??) for the car to do the same action as with the key fob, or do I have to press the release catch on the boot?