Delivery times

Just had this email from my dealer when asking on a build date.

For info it's a VRS Hatch - can't see the below info being right based on what SUK have said.

'Sorry I haven't got back to you earlier. Your car is being built the second week of October, which means it will be here end of October/early November'

Just had this email from my dealer when asking on a build date.

For info it's a VRS Hatch - can't see the below info being right based on what SUK have said.

'Sorry I haven't got back to you earlier. Your car is being built the second week of October, which means it will be here end of October/early November'

Check with SUK pal, they are very helpful and easy to deal with. My dealer told me December but SUK told me its provisional build date is week 42 (sounds same as yours if the dealer info is correct) and then you get the info right from the 'horses mouth'.

Yeah turns out the dealer is just going off the provisional build date which is on the system as 42. Will defo change as production doesn't begin until wk45 and the demonstrators are being built first.

Well hope it doesn't take too long for you pal. Would be a nice bonus for you though If they manage to get them into production earlier than expected.

Hello,

just got a provisional date 'advisory build date subject to confirmation' of build week 48 for an octy vrs hatch, petrol, manual, in blue with canton, kessy, mitsumi and netting pack. I ordered on 01 sept, so about 12 weeks for build plus about 3-4 weeks till i get it...bloody hell its a long time to wait, but as a man who likes to research his car before buying it, its gonna be worth it!

Absolute **** take,today phoned up suk told week 40 now unconfirmed !!!!! I'm going into the dealer it's getting stupid ,I could cancel and order a bloody vrs and get it quicker !

April )6th order Maybe get it a year later at this rate lol

Suk told me today " dealer will tell you why taken so long " why cant they tell me

I ordered mine on Thursday with an estimated delivery of the end of November.

Admittedly they did reserve the build on the Wednesday.

Is there any logic to the builds?

Not ringing SUK until SWMBOs Monte Carlo is delivered in 2 weeks time.

Edited by HotRod

Rang dealer this afternoon for an update & was disappointed to hear that my car built week 33 is at Emden port. So 3 weeks after build only made it to exit port. Dealer unable to give a date when I will get the car. As Skoda UK only work weekdays can't ask for more info.

Seems that some newer builds leapfrog earlier built cars.

Omg I will be the last!!! At this rate

Maybe I could get a deal on a vrs ?!?

Chunk, so sorry to hear of your delays, you only ordered 3 weeks after me and I've had mine over 3 months already, I know you have ticked a load of options but it's crazy that the more you spend the worse you get treated, they should put customers like you to the top of the list, not the bottom!!!

I'm equally as frustrated. Ordered vRS petrol manual with most of the options except the sunroof on 2nd Sept. SUK tell me provisional build week in week 51....subject to change.

Is waiting 4.5 months a **** take?

I'm equally as frustrated. Ordered vRS petrol manual with most of the options except the sunroof on 2nd Sept. SUK tell me provisional build week in week 51....subject to change.

Is waiting 4.5 months a **** take?

Is it a hatch?

I ordered mine last week in August but the confirmation shown 3rd Sept. Vrs tdi dsg estate with some options. No build date is given.

BTW the "MY" in the confirmation, is it the model year or make year? My confirmation has 2014 on it!

No, an Estate

Strange then, we know about hatch delays. Unless its to do with one of your extras or Skoda maybe struggling with demand.

Is your date from SUK or a dealership?

My dealer told me December and they couldn't answer if that was a build date or expected delivery but when I contacted SUK they said no that was no where near, provisional build date of week 42.

I ordered mine last week in August but the confirmation shown 3rd Sept. Vrs tdi dsg estate with some options. No build date is given.

BTW the "MY" in the confirmation, is it the model year or make year? My confirmation has 2014 on it!

Mine also says MY14. Hope that doesn't mean build year '14. VRS TDI Hatch ordered mid-August.

• Like 1

Mine also says MY14. Hope that doesn't mean build year '14. VRS TDI Hatch ordered mid-August.

It is the model year. The first new Octys were MY 13 & are now MY 14. My car was built week 33 & it is an MY14.

• Like 1