Delivery times

Got my call from the dealer today.

My order for a 1,8 TSI Combi 4x4 is postponed to next year, yes next year!

It's the sun roof that can't be delivered!

Was the same when the Yeti was introduced, they never learn!

Not so happy, no word about compensation!

:(

Seriously? When did you order your car? We signed the contract in the beginning of april... So far, production is set to week 37, but I haven't talked to my dealer for a week or so.

Got an internal memo from my dealer today, stating that Skoda Norway will withdraw the panoramic sunroof from their price lists until further notice. Apparently, Skoda has serious logistical issues with the sunroof. The memo states that they hope to re-introduce it by january 2014. 

Production week for our car has bounced back and forth, and has now been shifted to week 35... One can only hope.

I been checking all the threads and there now seems to be a trend for all build dates to now be September, and it does not seem to matter whether if it's an existing order or a new one.

The most frustrating bit is the lack of information from Skoda, but it does appear that Sweden and Norway are getting information than the UK.

This is getting more and more frustrating,  the build date for mine has now been moved 5 times from week 31 to 44 to 36 to 34 to 38, and still. no final build date.

And its all for no reason. other than Chrome around the windows. I think the factory is very unprofessionel. with all these delays. Should have bought the Seat Leon 1,4 style instead  :wall:

According to my dealer and Skoda UK the factory give a provisional build week and then a couple of weeks before that build week they group cars of a similar spec together and then have a confirmed build week. In other words if you are lucky enough to have a similar spec order to that which they are building, your car will go into that group.

It seems to make sense but is very frustrating if your build week moves about several times. 

My car was ordered on 5th of June. It is a 1.4 TSI Elegance HB, Petrol blue metallic, Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS, Boot net, Canton sound system, Cornering front fog lights with black surrounds, Electric sunroof (PAD), Front Assist, Lane assistant and Parking assistant.

Yesterday, I contacted the dealer (again) and I've been told that it will be build in week 27 (already is week 29), therefore I contacted SKODA UK. They told me that the car is on it's way to the port and it can take maximum 3 weeks to be ready for collection.

This is getting more and more frustrating,  the build date for mine has now been moved 5 times from week 31 to 44 to 36 to 34 to 38, and still. no final build date.

And its all for no reason. other than Chrome around the windows. I think the factory is very unprofessionel. with all these delays. Should have bought the Seat Leon 1,4 style instead  :wall:

Seat Leon ???......YUKKKK....its like a 70s car inside, plastic, boxy, horrible thing, sorry mate but its awful !!

its hard right across the board..a lad at work has just ordered a tdi140 passat cc and he has been told 16-20 weeks

I am sure parts sharing is great for costs..but when 4 marques all want the same stuff can the suppliers keep up?

Edited by FTM

I received an update from my lease company today.

Car (1.6TDI DSG) was ordered start of July and was quoted 6 weeks for delivery (I am in Czech).

Now delivery pushed out to middle October so now 14 weeks!!!

Oh well. Live goes on.

My dealer just told me that the car is at Exit port.

Does anyone know what this means, where is the exit port and how long it usually takes for the car to arrive at the dealer?

Thanks.

What is the route the cars are coming from Czech republic?

• Like 1

Emden in Germany, and as you are in Dorset, I guess that the ship will be heading to Sheerness. Have a look on the Emden port website and you should be able to find the ships and the departure details. But which ship your car is on is a more difficult question.

• Like 1

+1 and normally it's 3 weeks from factory to dealership.

VAG group use ships from "KESS shipping" & lots of their car carrying fleet have names ending in "Highway".

You might get an idea of when your car ships by checking the Sheerness port movements.

Edited by kalpat
  • Like 1

Just back from the dealers, having ordered a new Octavia vRS in Meteor Grey. It's a manual, petrol hatch. Specced the Canton sound system & Apple docking device along with the paint. No other extras. Been quoted delivery in December.

Emden in Germany, and as you are in Dorset, I guess that the ship will be heading to Sheerness. Have a look on the Emden port website and you should be able to find the ships and the departure details. But which ship your car is on is a more difficult question.

+1 and normally it's 3 weeks from factory to dealership.

VAG group use ships from "KESS shipping" & lots of their car carrying fleet have names ending in "Highway".

You might get an idea of when your car ships by checking the Sheerness port movements.

Thank you both. I'm going to have a look on the internet, trying to find out what is my skoda doing.

I did some research and my car is going to be shipped from Emden to Sheerness. I still don't know exactly when, but my dealer just told me that I might have it by the end of this month, with a little bit of luck.

Looking forward to ...

Edited by Menumorut

My car was at Emden on Monday 22nd or before, the only car carrier ship from Emden to Sheerness, this week  so far was UECC Autorunner, left Emden on 23/07/2013, expected to arrive at Sheerness on 24/07/13 - today (16:23 local time).

Unfortunately I can't find out for sure if my car is on board.

I'm eager to having the car delivered and it was a nice exercise trying to find out where the car might be.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?datasource=V_ETA&PORT_ID=198&PORT_NAME=SHEERNESS

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?zoom=10&mmsi=255802860&centerx=-9.693178&centery=38.15293

Edited by Menumorut

What I managed to find out is that there are two main ports for VAG group, Grimsby and Sheerness. Could be more ports but I don't know about.

Absolutely gutted!!!

It turned out that the dealer lied to me.

Now he's nowhere to be found and SKODA UK just told me that car is still in Emden waiting to be shipped, no one knows when and where.

Today they contacted me and told me that the car will probably arrive in three weeks.

this is week 31, so the car will be here in week 34 (hopefully).

Knowing that the car was built in week 27, how can it arrive in 7 weeks?

How long usually takes for the car to reach the dealer after being built?