Delivery times

Will most likely drop in and see my dealer tomorrow. He checked the order and seem sit will be delivered earlier than planned. Ordered 31/1/2014 may be ready in May instead of end June. Will see tomorrow. May be it's true about the quote system per market - seems fair and Skoda's are not selling so fast in France.

I'm not bitter, honest. Quota's are only fair unless you live in the UK. I'm down for Bwk 19 from November order. Still it is getting closer from Bwk21. Just getting a bit bored and fed up of people asking me when I get my new car. They usually say, get an Audi,Ford or something.

• Like 1

Mine's confirmed as built (BW8) following early November order with a few bits on.  Looking forward to seeing a green vRS in the flesh!

VR5*WOW - hoping for mid March delivery, although bit sad not to be getting a '14 plate!

Will most likely drop in and see my dealer tomorrow. He checked the order and seem sit will be delivered earlier than planned. Ordered 31/1/2014 may be ready in May instead of end June. Will see tomorrow. May be it's true about the quote system per market - seems fair and Skoda's are not selling so fast in France.

I must add that my order is for a Hatch. Combi's are double the wait time in France too. May be that's a good plan B option to switch to a hatch.

Build week 2, ordered in October.  Heard nothing aside from chasing & that it has been sitting in Grimsby since week 4 I think.  Was happy to wait til 1st March, but no longer.  Have gone back to the dealer to see what response is.

Not sure what to say if its going to be delayed.  It has an estimated delivery date of March 2014, but I dont want to wait another month - only a week.  My job means more travel & I need to be in a reliable car - my old car is being p/ex.

Mine was built last Friday.  Ordered 22nd November but negotiated one of the dealer's existing build slots as part of the deal:

VRS TDI Hatch in Corrida Red - standard except for Leather and heated seats, colour maxidot and spare wheel.

So, three to four weeks I imagine before I get to pick it up.  Just have to sell my MKII Octavia 1.9TDI Ambiente now.

I ordered a vRS estate last week. I imagine delivery will be sometime towards the very end of the summer. We ordered at the same time, for my wife, a BMW 120d Sport. Also a factory order. We have just been given a delivery date of 16th April !! Thats 7 weeks from order to delivery, and a wait of less than a week to be given a delivery date.

Finally got the 'nod' for a new company car order. 1.4 DSG Elegance Estate, only a couple of options (heated seats, tow bar prep and metallic) so hoping for a reasonably sensible delivery.

Not holding my breath until I hear of a delivery date though!

Allegedly ordered today with an expected delivery of 12/6/14...

Ordered mine first week of October, picked up yesterday. So about 22 week Wait.

Vrs hatch with canton, Amundsen, cruise, sunset, in meteor gray. Very much worth the wait.

Ordered a VRS TSI DSG on 13/01/14 in Luxembourg and just got a call that I can come and collect it 3rd of March. Was very surprised to get it so quick given all the stories of long waiting times on this forum. I guess Skoda runs some sort of quota system for each market? I didn't take the standard spec either, got some options like colombus, metal grey paint, heated windscreen and gemini wheels.

Must ... post ... pics :) (please)

It's here!!! Arrived at 8am today. I have some pics, but can't post from work (java disabled for security reasons), I'll pop some on later. Happy, happy, happy!

It's been a long wait, but it's worth it.

EDIT: Found a way around it :-)

post-106475-56239_thumb.jpg

post-106475-14734_thumb.jpg

Edited by freddyg
  • Like 1

It's here!!! Arrived at 8am today. I have some pics, but can't post from work (java disabled for security reasons), I'll pop some on later. Happy, happy, happy!

It's been a long wait, but it's worth it.

EDIT: Found a way around it :-)

when did you order?

when did you order?

I placed the order with the Lease company on September 13th, they forwarded it the Skoda dealers on the October 10th. The order was then accepted by the factory in early November.

Edited by freddyg

Nice looking motor there freddyg, hoping you have many miles of enjoyment out of it. :rock:

I hope so too - it's currently parked up outside work with only 7 miles on the clock. It's crucifying me! Lol!

I hope so too - it's currently parked up outside work with only 7 miles on the clock. It's crucifying me! Lol!

Fortunately when mine turns up in a fortnight (better be the right car this time) i've had the day booked out of my diary so no client meetings, lots of time to play :)

• Like 1

My dealer in Sweden told me that their car sale program was not showing the correct build week due to Skoda Sweden using some sort of "list" and optimizing everything manually.

So instead of build week 09 it's now 12. Great! And 3-4 weeks after that until delivery. Resulting in a total of 25 week from order to delivery. If anyone comes in and want to place a new order today, the estimated delivery time is 8 months for the VRS (in Sweden).

My dealer in Sweden told me that their car sale program was not showing the correct build week due to Skoda Sweden using some sort of "list" and optimizing everything manually.

So instead of build week 09 it's now 12. Great! And 3-4 weeks after that until delivery. Resulting in a total of 25 week from order to delivery. If anyone comes in and want to place a new order today, the estimated delivery time is 8 months for the VRS (in Sweden).

This is part of the problem..every dealer has a different story and no 1 knows whats going on fully.