Delivery times

Sounds nice. I've had the vrs tdi race blue hatch, black pack, mitsumi, cruise, sunset glass. Dealer told me the same being one of the first to order.

snap!

I was going to go down the hatch route to save a bit but I'd seen the skoda news that the estate was being built first.

I just dont get how all the dealers didnt know about the delay with the hatch.  My dealer was on the ball as when I ordered they were already aware that the hatch was delayed and mentioned I'd be lucky to see one before christmas. They also knew the reason as it was something to do with the spoiler which delayed it.

I did look at the estate but went for the hatch in the end.

That's the biggest frustration that my dealer didn't let me know about the delay. Even now after questioning him he's still adamant that it'll be twelve weeks.

Also because of his insistence that it would be here on time my current car goes at the end of October so I'm hoping they'll give me a loan car until the vRS comes.

ordered a vrs diesel est as soon as orders were being taken. got build week of 39 two weeks ago. emailed today by dealers and its now getting built in week 37. still no chassis number so still nothing deffo. but im happyto get it earlier as im using my yeti for work and hoping to keep milage down

I'll be surprised if you get it this year mate. I ordered mine last week too and whilst my dealer is adamant it'll be twelve weeks, there's a lot of people on here that have been told by Skoda UK that it will be January at the earliest. They're building the estates now, the demonstrator hatches starting from November then customer orders from then on :wonder:

That's what I has gathered from looking at the forums, spoke to the dealer again and system still shows a week 45 build, and he said last week of November first week of December for delivery. But I'm not going to get my hopes up! Time will tell I guess! Just means more play time in the Fabia :)

Can anyone give me an idea of the timings and stages you go through when buying on the pcp?

I signed order paperwork a week ago today for a vrs estate but never hand anything from the dealer at all. I phoned Wednesday but the salesman I dealt with wasn't in, one of the other guys said the order was live and everything in "order".

Thanks.

Edited by gullyg

I got a copy of the dealer's order form when I ordered mine. You'll then get nothing for a number of weeks until the build week for your car is confirmed. You can get a provisional build week from your dealer or Skoda UK, but it may well change until it is confirmed a week or two before the actual build week.

Once the car is built, your dealer can usually track the car as it is transported over to the UK and is delivered to them. They will then contact you to come in and sign the finance paperwork and you should be able to pick up your car a couple of days later.

The timescale between placing the order and the build week is very variable, for example my car was ordered on 1st August and my current build week is 7th October. Once the car is built, it should arrive at the dealer within 4 weeks, although it can take up to 6 weeks.

As you can tell, it is not an exact science, but I hope this helps!

• Like 1

I've just heard that mine is in the country and should be at the dealers at the end of next week. So that's 19 weeks from order to delivery. Elegance estate 2.0 DSG - dealer reckons it was the full leather option that slowed it down :(

First time I've been excited since the day I ordered it :)

I've just heard that mine is in the country and should be at the dealers at the end of next week. So that's 19 weeks from order to delivery. Elegance estate 2.0 DSG - dealer reckons it was the full leather option that slowed it down :(

First time I've been excited since the day I ordered it :)

Congrats pal, I'm jealous ;-)

Didn't they have a shutdown last month, I'm sure that didn't help either but looking up now anyway.

Hi there, ordered my vrs estate with several options a week or so ago and have been given a build week of 41 ( middle of october) which means my car is going to be ready 1st or 2nd week of november I'm told.

As expected, dealer just told me build week has gone from week 45 to week 3 of 2014. (Went code 10 this morning). Expecting delivery 01MAR apparently.

:(

Ouch, what did you order?

My car was either built last week according to SUK or is built next week according to my dealer.  :wonder:

Ouch, what did you order?

My car was either built last week according to SUK or is built next week according to my dealer.  :wonder:

What did you order spitzie? I'm waiting for my vRS hatch - hoping it's not going to be the same as crazydunc.

A Race Blue, TDI vRS Hatch. Not particularly impressed, hadn't planned on keeping the fabia for that long :(

Cr*p - same as me, I'm waiting for a call back from the dealer now but I presume it will be the same story....

Have they said much more? - I don't really think I can justify waiting 6 months for a car.....

What did you order spitzie? I'm waiting for my vRS hatch - hoping it's not going to be the same as crazydunc.

The spec is in the signature. It only going to be 5 months from order to delivery, so positively speedy compared to crazydunc

Cr*p - same as me, I'm waiting for a call back from the dealer now but I presume it will be the same story....

Have they said much more? - I don't really think I can justify waiting 6 months for a car.....

haven't had a whole lot more, except that the date may change again. but they it didn't seem likely! going to talk to them later today/tomorrow when I'm slightly less grumpy!

haven't had a whole lot more, except that the date may change again. but they it didn't seem likely! going to talk to them later today/tomorrow when I'm slightly less grumpy!

Got a call back from mine, didn't seem to know anything about a delay that long - he said he'd call me back later so not sure if he's gone to talk to SUK.

This could be the vRS killer :( (unless of course they can lend me something)

Got a call back from mine, didn't seem to know anything about a delay that long - he said he'd call me back later so not sure if he's gone to talk to SUK.

This could be the vRS killer :( (unless of course they can lend me something)

I've gone straight to Skoda UK, filled in an online form just waiting for them to get back to me. My dealer is useless.

I'm hoping the same too that they'll be able to lend me something.

Edited by Dalelfc89