100w H3 full beam bulbs TALK TO ME

I used (100w) bulbs illegally up until I renewed headlight units, without melting any plastics.

I found (100w) bulbs very short lived and during the winter was replacing after 2/3 weeks.

They did improve lighting but no comparison to the replacement of new highlight units using legal 55w bulbs for lighting, then what a difference !!!!!!!

If you're going to go down the road of illegal bulbs, you might as well just stick some HID's on. You'll blind everyone else on the road without projector lenses but atleast YOUR visibility will be better. 

I personally would get the projector lens lamps and HID's but they're so pricey! 

I ran 130w main beam bulbs because of the areas i was driving, country lanes etc. not a problems with discoloured lenses etc. same bulbs were in for 8-10 months. Still work i just removed them as a matter of course when i fitted my HID kit.

Never had a problem.

Ok cool thanks. Tbh I might just change the dip beam for some osrams or something like that and then put HID for full beam. Any recommendations on the dip beam bulbs?

To be honest I would save your money and stick to standard bulbs.

I forked out for a pair Osram nightbreaker plus bulbs a few months ago. As an experiment I put one of them in and left the standard bulb in the other side and ran them for a week like this. There was hardly any difference between the standard and the Nightbreaker........they are very slightly brighter but not nearly as bright as the marketing would lead you to believe, and certainly not worth the extra cost. When they blow, standard bulbs are going back in.   

Soooo

The question rumbles on in my mind about the legality of HiD's (and I don't know, even as an ex police-sgt...)

SWMBO had them fitted on her Golf GT TDi, but diesnt want them on her Furby; question is, is there any advantage to 'normal' uprated bulbs (eg NightBreaket etc) and if so which is the best option?

I always found the standard lights on the Fabia to be very good, as long as they were aligned properly so, I would be tempted to leave them alone.

If I really felt the need to upgrade, I think I would go with the Phillip's or Osram's as they are only marginally more expensive than the standard units and for what they are, they are not to bad at all.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

If I've got OEM Xenon's, would my car run H3's as well?

In which case, anyone used these as their FULL/HIGH Beam please?

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/osram-night-breaker-unlimited-h3

(OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED (WAS PLUS) H3 Fog Lamps)

Thanks.

If I've got OEM Xenon's, would my car run H3's as well?

In which case, anyone used these as their FULL/HIGH Beam please?

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/osram-night-breaker-unlimited-h3

(OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED (WAS PLUS) H3 Fog Lamps)

Thanks.

No they would be H7's . I made the mistake of ordering H3's I had to then put them in my fog's.

• Like 1

No they would be H7's . I made the mistake of ordering H3's I had to then put them in my fog's.

Thank you very much for the information.

Why not put 100% bulbs not 100w bulbs in. They will are perfectly legal and will not damage the lens. I'd suggest Philips Extremes (+100%) or Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited (+110%), and Ring make 'Xenon Ultra' and claim to be 120% brighter.

I'd also suggest not putting HID in high beam as they take time to come to full brightness and don't like being switched on and off all the time. This is why cars normally only have low beam xenon (with halogen main), and ones with bi-xenons (both high and low) use only one bulb, but with a moveable deflector.

Most of these bulbs that claim to be brighter then standard, etc only light up the road better when it's literally pitch black

They don't light up the road very well on normal lit roads, even the light shining on the ground in front of the car is barely visible compared to 15 year old cars driving past with cheap £2 halogen bulbs

I still like them because of the colour of the light they give out so i wouldn't go back to the standard yellow ones.