PD160 for an octy RS?

kit

can anybody tell me if there is a mod that can be done for the octy RS similar to the one for the furby with the PD 160 air intake?

have tried to find out in the archive pages but not had much luck,i did find the fitting instructions and fotos for the furby but now i cant even find them again!!

I used a cold air intake duct made by green. It's an 80mm dia. 1 metre long duct. I have removed the standard snorkel to the airbox and installed the new duct from the lower grille to the airbox.

how did you fix the duct so it takes air from the lower grille? mines all incased!!! did you cut a hole in the grille? and did it make it any better?

KIT:)

how did you fix the duct so it takes air from the lower grille? mines all incased!!! did you cut a hole in the grille? and did it make it any better?

KIT:)

I have vRS grilles and I cut out all the little 'diamonds' the other alternative to this would be mesh grille inserts.

The ABD kit JBS use is great if you want the full on induction sound and would be my recommendation if looking for a CAI.

However if you don't want the sound of an induction kit then go for something like a green cotton panel filter and uprated cold air feed to a 'smoothed' OEM airbox.

I had a K&N induction kit on before and changed it to a powertec,which i was told was specially designed for the VAG 1.8t engine,when i took the car to a race engineer he adviced me to put the old air box back on as all the induction kits on a 1.8t will interfere with the air flow meter!!!so now have the airbox back on and back to my RS souding like a diesel:( just thought i might be able to do a similar mod like the PD160 for the furby.Has anybody else had airflow meter trouble by having an induction kit on?

k:)

like Eddy says if you dont want to run an induction kit do the following.

1.either cut the little diamond shaped blanks out of the passneger side front bumper grille or purchase the steel mesh grilles for the vRS.

2.purchase a length of induction pipe or brake cooling pipe from a some sort of performance part shop

3.take the OEM airbox out, remove all the veins and channels inside the box with a drimmel or simular device.

4.fit a green panel filter

5.run ducting pipe from front bumper to airbox fixing it to either the back of the standard inlet in the inner wing (you'll need to take the plastic inner wheel arch out). Or remove the standard feed and cut a hole in the airbox for the ducting to feed in.

Done !

i've only done step 5 on this list as i have a Jabba induction kit and the vRS steel grilles.

Hi we use the Lan pipe and Green Cotton Filter.

Looks and sounds great!

If you have a search for ABD you should find some great pics and write ups on these.

Sarah

Only thing is you aint got any yet - or have they arrived???? :rolleyes:

Lee(first in line if they have :rofl: )

I'm hoping to be able to mod the Octavia TDI Carbonio C.A.I to work with the Furby OEM air intake route. Not sure whether / if it can be modified to bend around in the area the airbox normally resides, and get matched up to the original air intake place?

No way it can do the octy thing and go down to the wing area - No room at all down there. :(

I'm hoping to be able to mod the Octavia TDI Carbonio C.A.I to work with the Furby OEM air intake route. Not sure whether / if it can be modified to bend around in the area the airbox normally resides' date=' and get matched up to the original air intake place?

No way it can do the octy thing and go down to the wing area - No room at all down there. :([/quote']

If an off the shelf CAI won't fit you could always make one up. I did for my Golf; I got a powerflow dealer to bend the stainless steel pipe for me and used silicone hose for the connections and a large cylinder filter on the end. Sounded just like a Carbonio too!

Hmmmm, my powerflow dealer did my exhaust for me, so I would hope would indeed be willing. :thumbup: I have a feeling though the pipe I have is carbon though - Its got a carbon(y) type coating on it. :)

Still not sure how the hell it can "attach" to the mouth of the intake pipe area behind the grill though.

:confused:

Hmmm, gonna have to find a way to semi-secure it in place.... If at the end of it it turns out its easier to just use the PD130 airbox and green filter, then there will be a brand new TDI Octavia CAI for sale. Get in there with any offers. :D