Hutchysrs50 - Red MK1 Fabia VRS

hutchysrs50

how much was the bluepoint torx?

It comes on a rail with almost every sump plug you'll ever see, you can see the rail of them infront of the two bottles of oil a few pics up.

Think I paid about £30 for them all off the snap-on van.

It comes on a rail with almost every sump plug you'll ever see, you can see the rail of them infront of the two bottles of oil a few pics up.

Think I paid about £30 for them all off the snap-on van.

shame i cant find a decent snap on van to visit work. that sounds like a bargin at around £30 ... you dont have a part no for the rail do you bud?

Edited by Holmesie

I don't off hand but will get you one tomorrow.

Worst comes to worst... I can try and get another set and post them out to you?

Unless you just want the one torx for the fabia in which case I can ask for a price of that alone and post you that.

Well the offer stands, just checked eBay and they are crazy money, I should get one posted to you around £40 I'd have thought.

And thanks for the replies, got to post plenty of other things but tried to cover alot of the maintenance side of things rather than modifications first, no point putting a hybrid turbo on without even servicing it haha!

awesome thread, i'm glad to see that you and many other fabia owners on here take pride in their cars, i like reading these threads as it gives me ideas. judging by them filters they must have been changed 4 years ago, no respect for an automobile at all. keep it up hutchysrs50. :thumbup:  :clap:    

Coilovers

-------------

I wanted to lower the car a little bit so bought some jom coilovers from dpm performance, got deliverd 2 days later so was happy enough with the price and delivery.

The goods.

7lvl.jpg

Standard arch gap of the rear, very 4x4.

e8e.JPG

How the rears look in the box still.

m9qm.jpg

Showing the hight difference between the standard rear ride hight and the coilovers with the adjusters almost at max hight adjustment. about a 40mm drop which would match what jom say as a minimum drop.

Also applied some grease to the threads as they are quite common for seizing up after a while.

r6hr.jpg

No pictures of the fitting process for the rear since its very straight farward, so a quick one from under with them fitted.

klxw.jpg

New arch gap

9jao.jpg

Coilovers Front

Same as above but for the front coilovers. I took quite alot of pictures for a how to guide for fitting coilovers and shorter drop links but will try and keep this post as much to the point as i can.

No before pictures for ride hight on the front but im sure you all know the 4x4 look.

Picture of the new and old struts side by side to show the hight difference, i used my original strut top bush and bearings, i priced them up after the job and they are aprox £14 each, so in total would cost £28 for both strut top bearings and strut top mounts... would have been worth changing for the hastle of the job but nevermind...

I kept the front helper springs fitted as i dont want to go stupidly low, also have them wound up about 12 threads which is about an inch or so.

qau.JPG

I got some shorter drop links as well, These are the quite common ones used from an early ford mondeo, cost about £7 i think.

vkte.jpg

quick pic of them fitted, was a nice easy job so glad it went smooth. Excuse the dirt, i havnt done any detailing in quite a while!

fdis.jpg

and the ride hight at the end on the front, still got abit of a gap so will let them settle down abit and then adjust them to where i want, i want the wheels just sitting flush with the arches, i know this is possible with the adjustment i have so happy over all.

rfw.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Been a while Since an update but still bits and bobs going on.

Rear Speaker upgrade

Seen some Genuine skoda upgrade rear speakers so thought id give them a shot, cost £11 posted so nice and cheap. They fit at the rear of the car either side of where the parcel shelf is. Sound is improved but at the end of the day they are still small speakers at the very rear of the car so doesnt make a huge difference.

ick8.jpg

Old and new speakers side by side.

g0q.JPG

Arm rest

Always fancied an arm rest after seing alot of other people fitting them. Went to the scrap yard and got an arm rest from a mk4 golf for £20 and with thanks to another memebr of the forum, pulse... managed to get a vrs seat cover to make the arm rest match. Was nice and easy to do and love the finished result.

The bumps on it have came out now and are only on because i had the arm rest cover glued into place and left in a vice overnight to make sure it had a really tight fit.

elm9.jpg

vsx6.jpg

oz74.jpg

Bit of a boring update this one but an update all the same.

Replaced timing belt and water pump

I was told the timing belt and water pump had been changed when i bought the car but it clearly hadn't been. Wasnt a problem but put it off for a while before chaning it. Took a few hours, nice easy job with no problems and its still running trouble free now.

I changed the timing belt, pulleys, tensioner, water pump & thermostat at the same time, no pictures of the process as such just the parts left over. The belt was a dayco one but everything els was genuine Skoda parts.

cfow.jpg

Pastyboy badges

I took part the latest group buy of badges and went for a custom set for the wheels, i wanted the newer skoda logo but in red to suit with the red and black theme.

omlf.jpg

yg70.jpg

For the rear i went for quite a plain badge, just the normal badge but all black.

Removed badge with some wire.

w5u4.JPG

fitted new badge, worse bit was making sure it was dead center and straight!

9hn.JPG

• Like 1

I love the brakes, the fronts are well worth the money, look much bigger behind the wheels with about 10mm of clearance on the calipers to the alloys.

The rears are decent but only really for track use I'd say to stop them over heating, they use the same pads as standard rears with only slightly bigger discs but at least they are vented. I only upgraded the rears due to a sticky caliper so put them calipers and the caliper return spring mod fitted at the same time which gave a brilliant feel from a naff handbrake to a really strong one.