Brake warning light on in the mornings

Hi all,

I have a 2003 superb 1.8t elegence and yesterday morning after approx 4 minutes driving from cold the handbrake symbol on the dash lights up and there are some warning beeps and then it goes out , never to reappear for teh rest of the day.

I thought this was a one of but it happened exactly the same this morning !!!.

Has anyone any idea's ?

thanks in advance

Brendan

This is in the Octavia's Owner's Manual:

Brake Fluid Level

The warning light comes on for a few seconds after switching on the ignition

Warning

If the warning light comes on when the ignition is switched on or when driving, there is a fault in the brake system. Contact the nearest Skoda Dealer without delay and have the brake system checked.

An audible warning signal sounds (3 peeps)

You can drive carefully to the nearest Skoda Dealer but allow for higher pedal pressures, longer braking distances and greater idle travel of the brake pedal.

The warning light also comes on when the handbrake is applied.

Hi all' date='

I have a 2003 superb 1.8t elegence and yesterday morning after approx 4 minutes driving from cold the handbrake symbol on the dash lights up and there are some warning beeps and then it goes out , never to reappear for teh rest of the day.

I thought this was a one of but it happened exactly the same this morning !!!.

Has anyone any idea's ?

thanks in advance

Brendan[/quote']

I had something like this on a Pug 406 hire car

every (cold/dark) morning when i got in the pad warning lite was on (a little) over the 2hr drive to work it would get dimmer and dimmer (maybe that was just the day getting lighter and lighter!). When I got back in to drive home (in the dark) it was not on.

I put it down to consensation shorting out the pad warning circuit. Had the RAC out twice, but the pads and all seemed fine.

Hope you solve it

Hi,

Checked the brake fluid level on wednesday night and it was below the min level. I topped it up and no more error lights for the past 2 mornings. Just got it serviced in JUne so I need to ask the garage a few questions :mad:

thanks for all your help

:thumbup:

brendan