Rust around backdoor hinches on Roomster

Hello. I'm the happy owner of a Roomster from December 2010. 

I've noticed that the paint around the backdoor hinches (both sides) is cracking due to corrosion. It's not much now, but I assume it'll become a problem, when the car gets older. The Danish weather is rough, but I'm surprised see corrosion now considering that the car is from late 2010. 

Do any of you have problems with corrosion around the backdoor hinches on your Roomsters? And what about the rest of the car?

I decided to get my car rustproofed a couple of months ago - was that a good idea? Let me know what you think. 

I too have a 2007 plate.I have just checked and there are no signs of rust on the door hinges, front or back. During these last couple of winters I have been particularly keen on cleaning road salt off as soon as practicle. Maybe slightly fussy but I do think it has helped keep the paint work in good order.

I should take it to your Skoda dealer and see if it can be sorted under warranty before it gets any worse. If you bought it from a Skoda dealer ,then even more so ,give them the problem back ,and see what they say.Lets us know how you get on ,hopefully they wont wriggle out of it.

God luck

Many thanks for all your good replies. I'll keep you updated. 

In Denmark we have a 3 year warranty on paint and 12 year on corrosion. I assume its the same in the UK.

I'll bring my car by the dealer before the warranty on paint is up in December 2013. We'll what they say...