URGENT!! Help needed on colour!!!

What colour should I choose?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What colour should I choose?

• Diamond Silver Metallic
    • Stone Grey Metallic
    • Flamenco Red Metaliic
    • Other - please specify in thread

It looks like stone grey is ahead at the moment but the Mrs quite likes the graphite now!

I didn't ring the dealer tonight, hope he can get the right colour in the morning!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Graphite was my first choice until I saw it for real; my impression is that it needs to stay very clean to look good. I've had my car for 2 months now and I must say it hides dirt quite well, also I love the fact that it changes colour from grey to blue or silver depending on the light :)

Graphite grey, stone grey, silver .... why do you want to buy a colour that matches tarmac? Or the sky most of the time?

When somebody says "sorry mate, I never saw you coming" they'll be right!

mMne is a company car so dont have to worry about re sale so I chose on the following:

Last car was blue so no option, as neighbours would not notice.

All the sales reps have Black or silver BMW's

Metallic no option as can't pollish out the scratches the wife does going down lanes,

My other car is white

So the it's Red plus red cars are much much faster than all the others....................

Graphite grey' date=' stone grey, silver .... why do you want to buy a colour that matches tarmac? Or the sky most of the time?

When somebody says "sorry mate, I never saw you coming" they'll be right![/quote']

Check this out. Click

How about the Island Green metallic? looks good on my octy2 estate :thumbup:

cheers

Jonny Baby

I aggree, Island green is a great colour, brochures do not do it justice.

I also have an octy 2 estate with pegasus alloys (same as the front page in the estate brochure. In some light it looks blue and in others it looks green.

Other colours (silver and stone grey )are nice but too many around.

Cheers, George.

Check this out. Click

Not convinced. Flies in the face of a lot of human factors research which says that colour contrast is one of the main things that attracts the eye.

Thats right Steve. I think that I bought some GTI badges from you awhile back. I still post over there and keep an eye on things.

To be honest the graphite grey looks nearly the same dirty :) I havent washed the car in about 5 weeks and it still looks fine. I'll take a picture of it this evening of it dirty and you can see your self.

Those alloys were only a trial fit. I have a set of OEM Audi A3 16" alloys arriving for it next week. They will tide me over until I track down a set of Pegasus :thumbup:

Looks nice' date=' the Mrs thinks it's a little dark when she saw one in the flesh but I'm not sure...

Do I reckonise you as a previous poster on uk-mkivs.net????[/quote']

Well thanks everyone for your opinions and thoughts. In the end I have opted for the Stone Grey which my original plan!

Appreciate your comments and can't wait to see it in the flesh, only about 14 weeks to go!!!!

Just read through this thread and believe you've made a good choice. The Flamenco red is much like Cayenne Red on the last generation Octavia. Looks great when clean but rubbish if dirty. My car has been described as brown, red, orange and red.

• 2 months later...
Sahara Beige looks stunning. It also holds up very well when dirty, unlike some of the other colours.

I agree - mine is Sahara and I keep looking at it thinking "Why don't you look dirty after all that crap we've just driven through?" I reckon that most ordinary dirt must be Sahara coloured!

had the same problem ended up walking round the car park picking a wish list. Wanted stone grey but didn't want to wate 15 years for delivery. Ended up with silver but with the stereo epgrade (don't tell the wife) picking it up next weeek so will post some pics

I've got the beige and have to say it looks great. More importantly, it's fantastic for not showing dirt. Several people keep asking why I was the car every week, but I haven't touched it for over a month. It's only when i run my finger over it and it comes off black that I think I'd better give it a scrub!

• 1 year later...
I've got the beige and have to say it looks great. More importantly, it's fantastic for not showing dirt. Several people keep asking why I was the car every week, but I haven't touched it for over a month. It's only when i run my finger over it and it comes off black that I think I'd better give it a scrub!

Can I ask, is that the Sahara Beige or the new Cappucino?

Reason I ask is that we have just ordered a new Cappucino Beige Octy

I have diamond silver metallic, and its impossibe to match the paint, especially stone marks which stand out like a sore thumb, if I had my choice again I would go for a non-metallic colour,something that would stand out like a light blue.