Priority mods for standard Fabia vrs mk1

LD1991VRS

i went for coilovers,strutts,brakes and anti roll bar first :) get all the handling done then visual (alloys,lights etc) and now starting with the power side of things ie remap,exhaust, inlet,intercooler,clutch then turbo upgrade :) but as matt said it all deppends what your plans are for the car.

What kind of difference do the 321 brakes + RARB make to peoples insurance quotes?

Probably minimal increase as you are not increasing power if just doing brakes and ARB. However you will still nead to inform your insurance company and declare any mods.

A good service (cam belt etc), have a garage (or yourself) check the console bushes and if required replace them with solid units (Powerflex are the easiest to install for a home install). Clean the EGR valve and sort out any common issues it has (leaking rear windows, Coolant sensor issue etc etc).

Once you know the car is in good running order then you can "hence" certain things. Personally I'd suggest a rear anti-roll bar from Jabba sport but the whiteline is just as good (so I've read on here - I have the Jabba). Then add 312mm brakes. pointless increasing the power when the brakes than come with the vrs as poor!

Edited by wilsonian
  • Like 1

Depends on your planned use for the car. If you just use it as a daily munching miles on the motorway a remap to gain some torque would be top for me. Obviously if you use it for other things do something else. Where do YOU feel its lacking?

+1