Winter Wheels

If anyone's planning on putting winter tyres on their car then I've just got a great deal on a set of Skoda 16" factory 'take-off' alloy wheels from Phill Carlin at Tyremen in Hull for my soon to arrive 4x4 estate. I didn't realise that if you order upgraded wheels on your new car it'll still come in to the UK with the standard 16"er's on & the UK importer then swaps 'em over. Phill then buys up the 'as new' rims.

The cost was only just over half of that of buying from a main dealer & there's not the insurance/TUV approval issues associated with aftermarket wheels. As well as Skoda he has other VAG makes/models available as well. You can only get 'em in sets of 4 so I've had a steel rim as well as a spare wheel. Not sure if you can just buy the rims only but he does a great range of winter tyres that are supplied fitted/balanced & will utilise your existing nuts/centre hub cover. I've had mine supplied with Conti TS850's for which the price was extremely competitive. Delivery was just a couple of days & the packaging was excellent.

BTW, I've no association with Tyremen - just a satisfied customer who was recommended to them via a skiing forum.

post-106237-0-15515300-1380138264_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Good thought and action especially as you get nice alloys rather than steel ones.

Went a different way with just getting an extra pair of matching alloys in the full size ie 17s on the Fabia and then swap just two tyres on rims whilst having two winters ready to go.

Never sure about speed ratings as alway like to keep them up to the full speed rating ie V rated on the Fabia and W on the Octy.

Weather can be weird in these times, one day 22C and then next in single figures though the winters seem to cope OK.

Been buying Nexen Winguard for £60-70 delivered though the 850 Contis are reported the best out their currently. 

Guys. Sorry to be a nuisance but could someone confirm for me that a wheel rim with these dimensions will be OK for the vRS as I have found some rather smart alloys with these dimensions on eBay & don't want to bid on them if they won't fit.

PCD: = 5 x 112

7.5J x 17

ET (Offset) = 45

Center Bore = 57.1

Thanks, :happy:

Think that these will be fine. Sound like VW/Audi wheels rather than Skoda.

I have exactly the same fitment on my 2.0 L&K. They were fitted to an Audi A4 Quattro originally.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/wheels/17-audi-wheels-oem-5x112.htm

14th set down.

Look quite good on the car.

Good luck with bidding if you go for them.