Creaky Seals

After two visits back to the dealer, the creaks in my car are still driving me crazy. After a lot of investigating, it seems that the door seals are the culprit. Lubricating with silicone cures the problem for a few days at most. Obiviously this isn't an acceptable solution. Has anyone else had problems with creaks of this sort? Also, are your door seals 'all-rubber' (like mine) or do they have a furry top seal like the old Octavia, the Fabia and most other modern cars?

Thanks

I've noticed that my doors seem to squeak a bit and I've also put it down to the seals flexing. Don't see what I can do other than oil them up every week? I just put up with it for now as it is only on very quiet stretches of road where it's a problem.

I have noticed my car creaking an awful lot just lately.Especially noticeable going slowly over speed humps.

Found a thread on here that suggested it was the radiator mountings

Skoda should do something about this. BMW had exactly the same problem with the previous generation 5 series. It was 2 years before they issued a modified seal which corrects the problem.

It really makes the car seem low quality. I'm getting fed up of colleagues smirking and saying "told you so" when they ride in my car :(

still creaks was this morning till it rained then went ok, now creaks as it has dried out. we have 3 of these in the company all doing the same thing. can you let us know if your dealer sorts it

Cheers Ta

Jon

still creaks was this morning till it rained then went ok' date=' now creaks as it has dried out. we have 3 of these in the company all doing the same thing. can you let us know if your dealer sorts it

Cheers Ta

Jon[/quote']

Found some Holts Rubber and Nylon Lubricant spray in my garage and have put some of that on the door rubbers - so far it seems to have stopped the creaking.

As I've said, silicone (and other lubricants) do work but aren't a permanent fix. BMW had a similar problem with the previous 5 series and 3 series. The eventual fix was a modified seal (which took 2 years to release!) but as a stopgap solution a lubricant made by Fuch's called Carbaflo was used. It's a fluoropolymer similar to Teflon that forms a permanent film over the rubber. I'm trying to convince my dealer to get some but it's pretty expensive.

• 4 months later...

Try this use a Teflon based dry lube, such as the the Dry Teflon Lube from Finish Line (try cycle shop) it's £3.00 for a bottle.

Apply with fingers.

The Teflon bonds with the seals forming a surface coating of Teflon and is dry.

Or use Carbaflo it's £26.00 for a very (very) small bottle.

But I've use the teflon stuff and it works.

Be carefull with some silicon sprays as they can dry the seals making the problem worse.

The rear door seals on my Occy 2 also creaked for about 2 months (6,000) miles, but are now (4 months, 9,000 miles) completely creak free... and I didn't do anything to "fix" the problem. I was tempted to use a lubricant, but never quite managed to get around to it. I imagine that it is a question of running them in?