My old fella

@Lee

I did notice there has not been a Roomster project thread posted on since 2012.

They are waiting for you...

That'll be a year off. I'm keeping the old fella for one last year. My eyes will be open for a red (read faster) one from Octoberish ;)

Good job you're keeping it.

Lee's Build thread - "My Old Fella

Page 2, Post 50 - "Bought a Roomster" would be a bit of a let down :D

Well, the front half's technically a MkII Fabia so technically I could keep it in here. Unless there's an 'Arse end of an Octavia' section :think:

purely out of curiosity, what would that go for and how much damage?

No idea Lee, the auction is at lunchtime on Friday.

The insurance payout shows as £5,350 to the previous owner, I wouldn't pay more than about £1,800 for it personally.

It's been caught in a flood, a lot of them coming through at the moment.  No actual body damage.

Air filter shows as dry, so hopefully it was parked when the flood hit.

Probably just a bit stinky and needs brakes sorted, lower wiring checked etc...

• Like 1

I put the rear seats from the Polo in to see how they look. Having never taken the rear backrests out before I was surprised at how damned easy it was. Push clip back with a screwdriver and pull away.  Overall not too bad but a couple of minor niggles with the fitment and the seat belt positioning.

post-73816-0-74544300-1392219382_thumb.jpgpost-73816-0-34439300-1392219393_thumb.jpgpost-73816-0-47601700-1392219405_thumb.jpg

And today I fitted the fronts.

Have to say they are much firmer (good) than the Fabia seats I've been used to. Bolsters are great, no more left knee hitting the centre console going round roundabouts :D

post-73816-0-70201900-1392305223_thumb.jpgpost-73816-0-68460500-1392305233_thumb.jpg

I may have found a bloke in Southampton who can swap the heater elements over for not much money and TBH I know I'd **** it up.

• Like 2

I heard you like it firm!! :D

I thought i was going to get some Mk2 vRS seats on Saturday but the guy e-mailed me today to say they'd already been sold and he hadn't realised. :(

LOL

Mate that's a bit of bad luck :(

Knowing the author, and the title of this thread, I find it very difficult to click on it for fear of what I might find   :(

Take a look at post #9 Brimma.

Great minds and fools seldom etc etc

• Like 1

Managed to get the heater elements out of the old Fabia seats using Weeble's very informative guide to cover removal.

Bit of a faff as these covers are on damn tight, but got there and done after 45 mins or so per seat.

post-73816-0-08776700-1392480581_thumb.jpg

A lot more flimsy than I expected so care needed so as to not rip the fibre backing or break an element.

After consideration, I'll let an expert replace the elements into the Polo seats depending on price.

Yep, :) I like the quirkiness but most of all the practicality. I have been asked if I'm joining the pipe n slippers brigade :wonder:  Not at all! I'll be looking for a 1.9TDI PD 105 with, I think, the 'Dynamic pack' - Fabia MkII Sport seats ;)

I asked for one when the fella went in for his full service on monday and ended up with a Nissan Note :(

Went to our local meet and it turned out that JerryT's MkIII Octy was in the same place for some warranty work and he got the bloody Roomster I wanted and he hated it :D

There's a 1.9 Roomster in the cars for sales section at present...