I struggled to work out which wire was which so:

Drivers side:

BLUE/WHITE = +

BROWN/WHITE = -

Passenger side:

RED = +

BROWN/RED = -

thanks for prompt reply

The brown ones are negative. At the end of the day, get it wrong and all you will have is one speaker out of phase, and maybe a slight loss of bass (although given the amount of bass these speakers produce, this is incredibly unlikely).

Putting a speaker out of phase can actually help divert sound where you want it better. For instance, if you put the drivers side tweeter out of phase in many cars where it doesn't directly face the driver (especially if using coaxial speakers in the doors) it can greatly help for a more natural stereo image whilst sat in the drivers seat. Screw everybody else in the car... ;)

Thanks for the help.

I have replaced the OEM speakers with JBLs GTO6528s fronts and GTO529 rear to introduce a better sound and a little more bass, although I think a sub will be needed also.