LSD Fitting

joelk2010

Hi folks,

Just wondering who has one fitted, which brand do you have and any reconmendations on where to get fitted ?

How long does fitting take ?

Going to have to get one in the new year but struggling to find anywhere localish that has done this type of work before or willing to take the work on. After hearing some horror stories I dont want to make the mistake of choosing the wrong people either.

Many thanks,

Joel

I was reading up about wavetrac LSD's a few weeks ago, meant to be superior to the rest because of something or other, not my words so don't start attacking me lol..

See here,

www.vagcars.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?15307-Wavetrac-LSD-Potential-Group-buy&highlight=Wavetrac+lsd

I had a Peloquin (the american copy of the Quaife) fitted at Darkside along with a clutch.

Saved a bit having both done at once but its still a bit pricey! I left the car with them for a week, but it doesnt take that long.

Awesome GTI quoted me £2k to supply and fit a Quaife.. Alot of hours labour!

Peloquin fitted to mine is spot on B)

Was fitted when I bought the car though so no idea on how hard they are to fit etc! :)

Fitted by Jabbasport back in 2009,they charged £300 labour to fit clutch/flywheel and LSD.The total bill was just over £2000 which included all parts/fluids and a Sachs SMF and uprated clutch.

I was reading up about wavetrac LSD's a few weeks ago, meant to be superior to the rest because of something or other, not my words so don't start attacking me lol..

See here,

www.vagcars.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?15307-Wavetrac-LSD-Potential-Group-buy&highlight=Wavetrac+lsd

i've got a wavetrac in my vxr and its awesome fp where can u get for a vrs as i ddn't know they done 1

I wish I'd put a diff in mine when I done the clutch tbh. They're one of those mods people ignore because they don't add power but when you try and follow a car with one it really shows.

My mate had one, both same kinda power & mods, not much in it in a straight line but out of corners he would visabily pull lengths on me.

I wish I'd put a diff in mine when I done the clutch tbh. They're one of those mods people ignore because they don't add power but when you try and follow a car with one it really shows.

My mate had one, both same kinda power & mods, not much in it in a straight line but out of corners he would visabily pull lengths on me.

saw you post something about this before Matt, if I go the big turbo route instead of a new car next year I think I'll go with a diff, never been in a car with one or driven one for that matter but they sound awesome.

Fitting a LSD is 100% on my list of things to get done to the car soon as. I'm actually starting to get a bit sick of it just power understeering when trying to pull through corners - it really saps the fun out of it, and sort of makes the extra power a bit pointless in a way...

If I can afford it then I'll get it done the same time as the clutch. Hoping it'll hold out long enough!!

I need one to be able to use my current power. Despite having a nice sensible torque figure it still spins up at motorway speeds :(

Current set up coped with stage 2 pd150 hybrid but the big blower is just toooooo much lol.

I am looking at getting a plate type from here

http://www.motorsport-tools.com/catalogsearch/result/?carfittment=77%2C421&q=lsd

either the TRAN-x or the 3j driveline which actually looks a better deal than the tran-x as more adjustable to suit what I want, the quaife type are ok but not brilliant for rally use but a wavetrac does lock I believe when you lift a wheel and I'm not sure that a wavetrac would be as good as a plated lsd for rally use but probly better for road and track.

Then there is the rivit replacement bolt kit and new bearings etc to buy and all of a sudden it's cost £1k just in parts before you pay someone to strip the box out and fit the bits.

I would have a decent lsd anytime over more power because on a track an lsd will make your times quicker than an extra 20bhp would.

My peloquin came with all the fitting bits needed, including a huge range of shims for ensuring the diff is correctly setup.

My mate (who knows his gearboxes) was impressed with the kit, and the clarity of the fitting instructions too.  Mine came from a website something like "thescirocco.com" - Forget exactly.