LSD Fitting

joelk2010

I would have a decent lsd anytime over more power because on a track an lsd will make your times quicker than an extra 20bhp would.

Very difficult to justify in McDonalds car park where 'moar smoke means moar motah' unless you get a clear perspex gearbox housing with some blue LED internal lighting, no-one will believe you've hidden a grand in there unless they can see it.  :rofl:

I would rather have a 230bhp car that gots grip than a 280bhp that you are continually having to baby to keep the grip.

Dare i suggest the 230bhp with lsd may well be quicker in the real world too :p

Yeah probably :)

Dare I suggest my 203bhp PD150 powered hybrid with Peloquin LSD would be quicker in the real world than a 230bhp GTB2260 powered one with a open diff....... :giggle:

I would rather have a 230bhp car that gots grip than a 280bhp that you are continually having to baby to keep the grip.

Dare i suggest the 230bhp with lsd may well be quicker in the real world too :p

I know its quicker i proved that a few times on various track days with brisky lol. even quicker then cars with brembo's ;)

And i didnt have 230bhp lol more like 210bhp

Massively impressive to be able to spin the wheels up at motorway speeds, I struggle in 3rd to light the wheels. 

Mine won't spin 3rd in the dry - only in the wet.  That's probably more down to the Peloquin and decent rubber.

Chris - wasnt a dig at you mate. I was on about my own situation. Finally got some proper power under the bonnet but unable to use it.

Matt - it is quite amusing and scary lol. Hearing the tyres screaming as they look for grip. Not so bad in the dry but current conditions is just not worth bothering hitting the loud pedal :(

Possibly "winter" tyres are not the best in these conditions ?

Think I need to experience a car with a LSD fitted. Anybody near Birmingham want to demo ;)

Chris - wasnt a dig at you mate. I was on about my own situation. Finally got some proper power under the bonnet but unable to use it.

Matt - it is quite amusing and scary lol. Hearing the tyres screaming as they look for grip. Not so bad in the dry but current conditions is just not worth bothering hitting the loud pedal :(

Possibly "winter" tyres are not the best in these conditions ?

Think I need to experience a car with a LSD fitted. Anybody near Birmingham want to demo ;)

once I have mine sorted you are welcome to have a go mate, only in Ludlow so not far from b'ham

Very difficult to justify in McDonalds car park where 'moar smoke means moar motah' unless you get a clear perspex gearbox housing with some blue LED internal lighting, no-one will believe you've hidden a grand in there unless they can see it.  :rofl:

lol much better being able to put a nice long set of 11's down tho....

I had a Peloquin (the american copy of the Quaife) fitted at Darkside along with a clutch.

Saved a bit having both done at once but its still a bit pricey! I left the car with them for a week, but it doesnt take that long.

Awesome GTI quoted me £2k to supply and fit a Quaife.. Alot of hours labour!

It cost me £2000 to get my quaife fitted along with a Sachs clutch and SMF.