Chris' Silver vRS

SmoggieVRS

Picked up my vRS at the beginning of December 2013 after previously owning a Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 Active.

Not really sure of what route/mods at the moment ... so far just a couple of small cosmetic mods:

- Replaced dipped beam bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs

- Replaced side light bulbs with Phillips 6000k White LED bulbs

- Replaced number plate bulbs with LED bulbs

- Replaced interior lights with LED bulbs

- Wipers needed replacing so swapped them for a set of Valeo Silencio blades

- Replaced all indiciator bulbs with silver indicator bulbs

IMG_0027_zps8f7d0b51.jpg

IMG_0026_zpsc84989df.jpg

IMG_0025_zpsfc415330.jpg

IMG_0024_zpsb86e4cd4.jpg

IMG_0023_zps126cf70c.jpg

IMG_0021_zps2f196a35.jpg

IMG_0020_zps2b3662b5.jpg

IMG_0018_zps0037b5ad.jpg

Well got round to getting the grill off and the old Skoda badge in readiness for the 'pasty' replacement and set about giving it a good couple of coats of plastidip. Got it fitted back on to the car however the light had faded so will take some pics in the light tomorrow.

05DAFD9E-AD41-41A4-9BF1-4F3C7BACC007_zps

A set of Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited H3 bulbs popped through the door this morning to replace the fog lamp bulbs ... however following a search it would appear that it's easier to do this with the bumper off ... probably a job for next weekend

4FEA333E-0FEE-44B6-AAFE-E2BA2A05E48A_zps

Should hopefully get around to fitting the S2000 air filter tomorrow to ... along with taking a couple of pics of the vRS with the black grill fitted.

Cheers Dan.

Is the front bumper easy to get off ?

Mines been off that many times I could do it with my eyes shut :)

Use the forge intercooler fitting guide it tells you

How to remove the bumper :)

Cheers Dan ... whats the best way to get the plastic clips off/out ?

As was replacing the air filter took the air box out which allowed me to reconnect the rear washer pipe, so now I can wash the rear window.

Pulled the pollen filter out, got greated by loads of debris, think its time this was changed so a visit to ECP is in order.

Cheers Dan ... whats the best way to get the plastic clips off/out ?

As was replacing the air filter took the air box out which allowed me to reconnect the rear washer pipe, so now I can wash the rear window.

Pulled the pollen filter out, got greated by loads of debris, think its time this was changed so a visit to ECP is in order.

You can push the centre of the clips in and then they should come out.

They are vile things those clips!

• 4 weeks later...

De-badged the rear this morning as my PastyBoy badges were due in the post

1AAC5E31-592E-4B24-83DD-D3E9557BAD10_zps

68565BA6-F0E0-4A51-8044-7802827D20F4_zps

A34D9A26-4521-4FEA-8B67-1AA93091F2C5_zps

Still needs a good clean also

Got some time and got the bumper off to replace the fog light bulbs with Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs.

.2B7FA146-88C7-4680-AFAD-8A72F2340F71_zps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Been a good 8 months since I've updated this ... not really that much happened to be fair ... replaced the front discs and pads and had issues with it cutting out/not starting ... this was all down to the common fault of the starter motor solenoid wire splitting and then completely snapping ... luckily this was a £40 fix to get the cable lengthened and wired back into the connector and all has been running fine since.

It's been in for it's annual service in October, from which a couple of items were noted:

- Front wishbone rear bushes needed replacing, so I have a set of Powerflex bushes to be installed hopefully this week

59A44D0E-CB64-41B1-BBEB-23734B13E17A_zps

7AEB7C2F-CD1B-4E8A-BC75-012AE7E53D6B_zps

- Near side front CV boot is split so is being replaced this week at the same time as the bushes are being installed.

- Rear discs and pads need replacing

Will need to pull my finger out as the vRS is due an MOT by the 6 December 2014, fingers crossed that's the only work it requires before Christmas.

• 3 months later...

Been a few months since I last updated this however a few unfortunate events have occurred:

December 2014 - MOT Time

Took the vRS in thinking it would sail through its MOT and was told that it had automatically failed due to a dangerous fault and was unsafe to drive due to the one of the suspension bolts being sheered off in replacing the bushes ... it transpired that the garage that replaced the bushes (a different one to that undertaking the MOT) had not fully screwed the bolt back in ... their response "oh well this stuff just happens" ... anyhow once they had rectified this issue and a few other minor points she sailed through the MOT for another year.

March 2015

Took the vRS in due a knocking noise when the car was placed in full left hand lock ... it transpires that the near side CV joint has failed and is causing the knocking ... so that's booked in for repair next week.