Lights on warning sound

Yet again another thread in the MK3 section has been taken down to an unacceptable level and another member feels he has to leave.

NOT ACCEPTABLE

Being a forum member albeit Freedom or standard does not give you the right to write what you like. Please read and understand the rules of the forum that you have ALL signed up to.

http://www.briskoda.net/guidelines

We are monitoring several members conduct and necessary action will be taken. I don't want to have to write another reminder again in the MK3 section. Last and final warning.

• Like 2

Yet again another thread in the MK3 section has been taken down to an unacceptable level and another member feels he has to leave.

NOT ACCEPTABLE

Being a forum member albeit Freedom or standard does not give you the right to write what you like. Please read and understand the rules of the forum that you have ALL signed up to.

http://www.briskoda.net/guidelines

We are monitoring several members conduct and necessary action will be taken. I don't want to have to write another reminder again in the MK3 section. Last and final warning.

I am concerned when reading stuff like that. I would assume that the majority of members in the forum are adults and probably don't appreciate being told off by anyone like they were naughty children. Mod or not, surely this is not how a forum community should be treated. 

The OPs question was very much ambiguous (I am not even sure there was an actual question) and you have to admit that it didn't make a lot of sense. Wanting to maintain a certain intellectual standard can't be a crime, even if that's done with a little bit of banter. 

I am concerned when reading stuff like that. I would assume that the majority of members in the forum are adults and probably don't appreciate being told off by anyone like they were naughty children. Mod or not, surely this is not how a forum community should be treated. 

The OPs question was very much ambiguous (I am not even sure there was an actual question) and you have to admit that it didn't make a lot of sense. Wanting to maintain a certain intellectual standard can't be a crime, even if that's done with a little bit of banter. 

Follow the rules and you (and others) will not have a problem. Unfortunately all ages frequent this forum along with search engine bots picking up on all the posts in the thread so not necessarily exclusively viewed by forum members but also visitors brought to the forum from the search engines.

As already stated a fair few threads have had to be moderated in the MK3 section.

• Like 1

I agree my original question was a little confusing but many people in the forum did understand my issue.

Basically....

if lights on main beam, ignition off, door open = no warning beeps

If side lights on, ignition off, door open = warning beeps

I know I can 'turn the lights off in the day' and I do when I realise they are on.

Hope this is more clear and answers anyone else's question.

Edited by Nixter

I agree my original question was a little confusing but many people in the forum did understand my issue.

Basically....

if lights on main beam, ignition off, door open = no warning beeps

If side lights on, ignition off, door open = warning beeps

I know I can 'turn the lights off in the day' and I do when I realise they are on.

Hope this is more clear and answers anyone else's question.

Hi Nixter,

1) No beeping on main lights as they DO go off when key is removed

2) Beeping with just sidelights is because they DONT go off when key is removed

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Think its normal its the same on the superb. Think the idea is you can leave the lights in the main position as drls and leave them on all the time there is no warning sound as in this position when key is removed all lights main and side are turned off and come on again when ignition turned back on. However in the side light position it beeps as they remain on until you manually turn the switch off. Hope it helps 

David 

Ok - I am posting this as my final post (at least for a while)

Some background, several years ago a very close friend of mine died due to the actions of a drink driver and I guess some wounds are slow to heal, so as you can guess drink drivers are not exactly top of my xmas card list. Secondly due to a long standing medical condition I do not drink alcohol and haven't for a long time. So for someone to make a post on this thread making (albeit maybe in jest(?)) the accusation of me being a drink driver touched a nerve - possibly I over-reacted possibly not.

Additionally, like several people on this forum I am tired of threads being derailed and posters being almost belittled at times because they have asked a question which has been asked before/is answered elsewhere/is in the manual/is considered boring - delete as applicable. I sometimes wonder what some new poster think of the responses.

@Damo

Thanks for your responses - I did ask for my account to be removed - you suggested I think it over and take a break from here, possibly a wise suggestion. I will take this advice for now so you can leave my account as is whilst I stay away for a while, I will let you know if decide to have the account deleted. To all those helpful and friendly posters - thanks.

• Like 1

In that case I vote for those with high intellect to be excluded from the forum in favour of those who are polite to other members... I don't recall having to take an IQ test before I joined...

Now that is a spectacularly brilliant idea. The amount of people I followed who have pulled out of petrol stations or car parks without lights on. Of course if you flash them they either ignore you or give you the finger in the mirror salute.

This idea has already been sorted with auto setting for lights on the Octy

This idea has already been sorted with auto setting for lights on the Octy

Only if the model has auto lights or the owner spec'd them at time of ordering and even then they need to be switched to Auto.

@ "bichti" looking after a warning to remember the driver to put the lights on when it's dark : I noticed that my dashboard dials are fully lit as long as there is enough light outside BUT as soon as it become darker outside, the dials light (but not the needles) shuts off until I turn on side lights or main beam. I see this as way for VAG to force the driver to put his lights on when it become darker. If he doesn't, the dash will be unreadable. What do you think ?

Ok - I am posting this as my final post (at least for a while)

Some background, several years ago a very close friend of mine died due to the actions of a drink driver and I guess some wounds are slow to heal, so as you can guess drink drivers are not exactly top of my xmas card list. Secondly due to a long standing medical condition I do not drink alcohol and haven't for a long time. So for someone to make a post on this thread making (albeit maybe in jest(?)) the accusation of me being a drink driver touched a nerve - possibly I over-reacted possibly not.

Additionally, like several people on this forum I am tired of threads being derailed and posters being almost belittled at times because they have asked a question which has been asked before/is answered elsewhere/is in the manual/is considered boring - delete as applicable. I sometimes wonder what some new poster think of the responses.

@Damo

Thanks for your responses - I did ask for my account to be removed - you suggested I think it over and take a break from here, possibly a wise suggestion. I will take this advice for now so you can leave my account as is whilst I stay away for a while, I will let you know if decide to have the account deleted. To all those helpful and friendly posters - thanks.

Hawkster I too abhor drink drivers, I merely deal with life through a broad and brash sense of houmour which you obviously don't share, I apologise should I have inadvertently caused you any offense but, what we have hear is a difference of outlook and approach to life which I'd suggest is not a reason to leave a forum. My condolences for the loss of your friend.

Regards

T

Edited by themanwithnoaim