Got myself a VRS!

After previously owning a Fabia VRS a few years ago I have decided to come back to Skoda for my current car. Just needed a car to get me to and from the station to get to work and ferry the kids about on a Saturday while the Mrs is at work. She has the pleasure of the Insignia diesel Sri for work. Went through every combination of make and model and for my budget of £2500 I landed myself this 2004 example. It is virtually spotless. It was owned by a valeter and it was polished to within an inch of its life. Not a knock or rattle inside the cabin, which is spotless too. Rear parking sensors & cruise control. Only a couple of light scuffs on one alloy. Took the buying guide on the forum with me and it passed scrutinisation! Drives excellently, smooth and responsive. I can't believe how good a car it is for almost 10 years old. Full history and the cam belt done 4k ago at 78k.

Looking forward to many miles of happy motoring and lots of good advice and banter on this forum again.

post-15811-0-14678400-1392076211_thumb.jpg

post-15811-0-89400300-1392076230_thumb.jpg

post-15811-0-30610200-1392076249_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice car, looks like it's had a caring owner, which is what matters with these.  Good to have the factory parking sensors and cruise control too.

I've just sold mine with 116k on, it drove superbly (and is sadly missed).  They really do wear the miles well if they're looked after.

Cheers lads, I am considering some subtle mods, stage one remap first came to mind. I am not sure how much more to do. I know it's tough once you start. Been there with a Pug 205 and Mk2 Golf many years ago.

One question I do have, I see stage one remaps going to around 200 but I have seen 225 mentioned. I am thinking Audi TT, mk4 golf anniversary was 225, even a mate who had a Vrs from new got it at 225 from Skoda. Is it safe enough to jump to 225 without other mods and is this classed as a stage 2 remap??

Cheers lads, I am considering some subtle mods, stage one remap first came to mind. I am not sure how much more to do. I know it's tough once you start. Been there with a Pug 205 and Mk2 Golf many years ago.

One question I do have, I see stage one remaps going to around 200 but I have seen 225 mentioned. I am thinking Audi TT, mk4 golf anniversary was 225, even a mate who had a Vrs from new got it at 225 from Skoda. Is it safe enough to jump to 225 without other mods and is this classed as a stage 2 remap??

If you've bought it as a daily driver I wouldn't go to mad with the mods or you'll be on here most of the time moaning about boost leaks,talking about smf clutch conversions and wondering why your gearbox is making a crunching noise.Then after all that when you try to sell it you'll find its worth f**k all and have to brake it for spares to make any money out of it. :devil:

Edited by GAZ911
  • Like 2

Looks very nice, just like my old vRS.

As for the mods, keep it simple or as people have said you'll regret starting.  A rear anti roll bar, stage one map and decent pads & disks will probably be enough to be honest.  After that it all gets a bit expensive. 

Some mappers and people claim to be able to get 220bhp plus from a simple stage one map.  In reality you'll see 210bhp or thereabouts.  If all the hoses are fine and it's been looked after, a good quality map shouldn't give you any issues at all.  Watch out for the generic cheapo option which has worked for some, but caused issues for others. I had both on my car (four different maps in the end) and to be honest, the issues with surging were down to second rate software.  Once I stumped up for a rolling road session and custom map I didn't have any troubles at all.  I ran the car for a further four years and it never missed a beat.

Enjoy it and by the looks of it you'll need to get the polishing kit out every week to keep up with the previous owner!

• Like 2

nice car, might be coincidence but a guy at my works brother thats a valeter just sold a black 04 vrs, with the same mileage in the same condition, he didnt own it long and the guy who owned it before him lived in crossgates in fife I think he replaced it with a v5 golf  :o