Sensor thing on dash

Does anyone know what the little sensor thing is in the middle of the fan control kno b of the climate control system on the octy dash. It looks like an IR sensor.

It's also there on the Octy with standard A/C (Climatic) system just above the AC button. I've seen it on the Golf also.

Anyone know?

Does anyone know what the little sensor thing is in the middle of the fan control kno b of the climate control system on the octy dash. It looks like an IR sensor.

It's also there on the Octy with standard A/C (Climatic) system just above the AC button. I've seen it on the Golf also.

Anyone know?

It is the sensor for the temperature inside the car thatregulates the workings of the climate control. Keep it clean and dont hang anything over it!... :))

Cheers, it doesn't seem to be similar to other non VAG cars which have a little grille with a sensor behind. I wonder is it as effective though giving the reports i've heard of the climate control doing strange things in some cars like turning the fan on full tilt for no apparent reason.