Ally's Skoda Fabia VRS Estate TSI

Ally_bassman

No worries. I had something similar happen to a Focus I owned, and ended up sounding like a jet bomber when the CDA became detached :)

I'm near Altrincham.

Ally I've just seen this! Read all of your posts and even though I've seen your car several times throughout all the mods, it's great to see all the work you've put in :) you can take a little look at my monte any time and make some recommendations!

• Like 1

Hi Ally,

How are the Diamond Bulbs Performing...? I decided to buy the HID Kit and will be installing the kit this week... :happy:

Matty

Hi Matty

Oooo good stuff, looking forward to seeing pictures! :-)

The bulbs are good, the light is white with a blue twinge, no sign of yellow so it is a nice crisp look.

The light output is slightly reduced but not enough to be a problem, my car had it's first MOT on Friday at Skoda and passed with no advisories. Beam pattern has not been affected either.

Overall I am pretty happy, a few people have commented on how well the headlights look now which is nice! Ideally I would have liked a HID kit but I don't fancy the installation required, let me know how it goes, I may be converted.... :-)

• Like 1

Have a look as this thread I created because I needed some more info and after reading all posts I decided is not as bad as I thought and installation is only 30mins in total...;)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/313270-hid-h7-kits-for-fabia-with-projector-headlights/

My kit arrived today and I'll be fitting it tomorrow. Will post some pics in my thread so you can see how these look like.

I totally agree with you re the colour and how these Diamond Bulbs look like but I'm after visibility as well as look hence why I decided to order the HID Kit. I only went with the 5000k which is white (not some chavy blue)... :giggle:

C

Car looks lovely, and the colour is fantastic! i have the same wheels as yourself, sadly buying my car second hand and not getting around to reporting the wheel corrosion because the warranty ran out i was left to foot the bill for a refurb, the wheels are diamond cut so i couldn’t get a man in a van to come sort it, it needs sending of to a unit to be re cut, each wheels cost the best part of £80 i recommend you get MR  Wheels protector to stop the salt from getting behind the covering thats the issue, have to say loving what you’re doing with your fabia.

• Like 1

Cheers Chappers! :-D

It's a shame as the wheels look fantastic, just shoddy QC as per the norm of Skoda these days....

I hope to have mine swapped soon but Skoda are starting to drag their heels. If it all falls through I may look to do something different with them and just get them powder coated in a cool colour rather than worry about the fancy diamond cut finish being damaged!

Cheers Andy! :-) I got the H&R lowering springs from Larkspeed.com very well priced at £130 and good customer service/delivery time. I got them fitted by a friend of my Girlfriends Mum who is a mechanic. He charged me £150 including taking it to be laser aligned. That was a good price to be honest, expect to pay around £200 for fitting and £50 for it to be re-aligned.

e4edy5ym.jpg

So this popped on today, took me by surprise! She only got serviced in November!

No idea how I'm racking up the miles.....

I'm going to get her booked in for the 3yr service (oil, filter and brake fluid changed) as covered under my service plan. (The last one :-( ) but as a precaution I am going to pay to get the spark plugs changed as well. I want the plugs they pull out so I can see what sort of state they are in.

Oh and get the XDS settings changed too! :-p

My Skoda dealer love me.....

• Like 1

No problem at all! Thanks for taking a look :-)

271405522615 is the eBay item number. There are plenty others too. For earlier cars like ours make sure you get Audi DSG extensions as VW have slightly different paddles.

I've just had a pair of these delivered, and wonder how easy would it be to take them off if you decided you didn't want them anymore?

Great thread by the way, car looks great!!

Cheers mate :-)

They are easy don't worry, I had to take one off and re fit it. You just have to be firm and take it slow easing them off.

I love mine, makes using the paddles that little bit nicer. Much easier to find too when you're throwing the car about..... Enjoy!

saw one on ebay and it said this... This listing is for a TMC Motorsport dual channel tuning kit plug and play for all VAG Group (Audi/Seat/Skoda/VW) cars with 1.4 TSI twincharger engines 160-180-185 BHP until 2013 (the 2013 engine is changed)

obviously its ok for yours, I knew they couldnt remap the 2013 engine, but I thought the TMC box would still work! :o

Yeah been having a chat about that box with tmc today Sharkrider.

This is what I get from the info they gave, the box was developed for Brazil (irrelevant really) it doesnt use an rpm input like the red one, although apparently the twincharger doesnt use it on the red one either. It has the 'exact' same effect as the original red box. I just dont know what to make of them at all. He was very adamant that there was no difference. Purely cheaper as they want rid as the Brazilian connection didnt want as many as ordered. Dont want to spend £300 on something thats going to be blowing my engine up!

• Like 1

I bought the eBay device and then kicked up a stink as it wasn't the same as the Red one I now have. I don't know what to make of it either. But now that I've seen both devices in the flesh I can say that the proper TMC box is to a much better quality. Both aesthetically and the quality of materials used. I guess it all boils down to how confident you are in the product. I wasn't therefore didn't fit it to my engine.

Yeah I dont want to risk it. Just going to have to keep trawling the forum and ebay and just hope. Dont really want to pay the net price. I will if I have to but im going to wait it out I think.

• Like 1

Spent this evening fitting the TMC, the lad I bought the device off included everything that came as new, heck the device still looks brand new! Cheers Ryan, pleasure to do business with you. :-)

ybyna8e3.jpg

The fitting process is really simple and took me around 30 minutes taking my time as I went. The tricky part is the boost sensor, as to get to it I had to remove the boost pipe at the top of the engine that curves round to the Turbo compressor. Was nice to see that the blades are in perfect condition while it was off.

The tricky part is running the sensor cables. My car isn't under Warranty now so I'm not bothered about hiding them, I just want to make sure they don't get caught or rub on anything.

zeguna3y.jpg

Handy clip on the bulkhead to secure the manifold pressure sensor cable, it's almost like Skoda knew.....

ebabuzuv.jpg

8yzazybu.jpg

I've secured the actual TMC box using some cable ties to secure to the edge of the chassis behind my ITG filter. There is a loop there which is perfect. Again it's almost like Skoda knew! I've put some tape over it to stop the flexi pipe rubbing against the box.

Fired her up and everything seemed normal. :-D took her her out for a spin and instantly knew something was different. I found I needed slightly less throttle to get to normal driving speeds, the car more eager to rev in the mid range. Once warmed up I opened the taps and instantly a massive grin took over my face! The mid range grunt is awesome and the power feels much stronger all the way to the red.

I don't want to give my full write up as I've only done 10 miles with it fitted. But so far I'm very happy, I have the box set to level 7 as I've read it seems to perform the best. I am going to see how it gets on during my day to day driving.

• Like 3