Help: No Boost!

SkodiRS

Help! I don't have any boost.:(

Can't hear the turbo whistle and there is any "go"......feels like a normal 1.8 engine.

I can hear the DV venting.

No warning lights on.

Anyone with VAGCOM near Wokingham today (or even Basingstoke this evening)?

Fine for about 10 minutes of my journey this morning......

I have no idea and worried somethings gone majorly t*ts up!:( :(

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

Adrian.

Adrian,

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but IIRC there were some posts some time ago about collapsed hoses (IIARC, TaviaRS had had a special set fitted to get round this problem). Might be worth a quick search down the forums.

e.g. here

Good luck!

Thanks Howard.

I think Jon's problem (with his car;) ) was that he wasn't able to hold boost at the top end due to the ic inlet collasping IIRC. He had boost lower down and upto the point of the hose collapse.

I don't have any boost at all!

Really worried the turbos blown but I'd would have expected some kind of warning light at the minimum.

Got that really bad anxious/worried feeling.:( :(

Thanks again.

Adrian.

Dev,

can't remember there being a "pop".......however if there was one I wouldhave expected to see a CEL on the dash board.

Just spoken to Jon and he has eased my mind (and nerves) a little. Hopefully "the man" will be able to diagnose and sort it later this afternoon.

please, please, please.....

mode>

Cheers.

Adrian.

There was a definite POP when Jon's pipe popped off. I don't remember seeing a warning light either, but then I was sat in the passenger seat with a confused look on my face. :rolleyes:

I can tell that when Gossy's turbo packed up at pembrey circuit, it was pretty spectacular, with pipework hanging under the bonnet, and it was making a real "I'm knackered" noise too.

Paul,

I can hear the DV venting on changing gear; no turbo whistle, car feels just like a normal atmo engine.

Spoke to Jon.....he reckons the same thing as you.....going to hook up his VAGCOM late today and hopefully that will be it.

If it is the DV I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do any DV maintenance.....that's why I got a Bailey. A bit suprised as is only about 2 months old (got it around the middle of July).

CheerS.

Adrian.

When I was mucking around with that Hybrid DV - when the spring was too soft - ie dv would open too quickly it was exactly the same as you are describing - you can hear it a 'bit' but no boost + no CEL light. Have you checked the DV looks ok?

Eh! wots this then -- maintenance ? DV ? didn't know you could,if you can when should you ? and what do you do ??

I havn't even bothered looking at the Bailey since I got it fitted - I got it to be more reliable !!

......turbo was boosting too much and ECU put it into fail safe mode.

Jon (many thanks again!) cleared the fault code and all was well again. Will monitor situation but may have to go back to Jabba a some point.

VAGCOM is very useful.......may well have to get myself a copy.

With no turbo I remember everything I hated about my Passat. Yes engine is smooth but gutless. Drive home yesterday was like getting a new car!

Well you do have to consider the normal atmo 1.8 20v has 125bhp and a remapped 1.8T around 220bhp..........almost 100bhp difference.

Anyway all is well again but I'll be monitoring the situation.

Thanks for all the help (especially Jon).

Cheers.

Adrian.

Can't remember what the code was but the textual description was "Maximum Charge Pressure exceeded". Spoke to Michael at Jabba about it, seems that the limit on the normal remaps is 1.4 bar and somehow Adrian's had exceeded this. Bit confused as to why it did it as it should peak at about 1.1 bar (unlike mine that peaks at 1.4, and yes, my charge pressure limit has been increased). Could be a dirty N75 valve or some such which has caused it.

Adrian, happy to help, if you need to borrow it again, just let me know.

Jon