"Upgraded" coil pack (2.0T)

So this applies to all octavia could packs,, as long as it's not d or r they can be replaced foc? Do they have to befaulty or can they just get replaced anyway

Correct . they do not have to be faulty just genuine OEM coil packs.

D are the newest and R last ones before the D and therefore seen as not part of recall as deemed better versions and what the VAG dealers replace with anyway. Normally the ones in our cars fitted as std were L.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

It does mention about non OEM coil packs not getting replaced and assuming most people know this that's not unusual. But the way I'm reading into that statement is informing the owner they know the car is modified and that invalidates any sort of warranty claim.

:quote:

Firstly, we know this car has been modified, the second owner is a very good customer of ours which under any warranty terms invalidates this.

We know this is wrong. Plenty of people on here with modified cars have had this recall/warranty work carried out. I'd be phoning that dealer back and informing them of an imminent call to Skoda UK!

I think you miss read my post buddy. I am agreeing it is wrong and modified cars are included as that why a stated mine went through OK. As mine is heavy modded :). What I meant is it seemed the car was checked with none OEM coil packs which if true is a usual refusal. But if the car does not or was not checked already then I would defo take it in as they can't refuse to check it and confirm. Proberly talk to a different person if take the car there.

I'm pretty certain they're OEM - tbh they don't look like they've ever been changed...

P1050317_zps58da9962.jpg

The thing that worries me now, is that if I do force them to do it (whether that's through Skoda UK or whatever) then they might do something to the car out of spite. I am a huge cynic with a huge mistrust for human beings - once you've lost my trust then you don't get it back (blame my old job). If they can't even get the basic customer services right, then there's no way I'm trusting them with my pride and joy. I can't find it, but someone posted a video on here a while back of a mechanic throwing stuff at a car... all caught on the in-car camera - that didn't help with my trust issues :P

I'll ring another dealer outside of the "Motorline" franchise. The previous owner may well be a "good customer" but that means jack s*** to me! :sun:

Thanks all :)

Hard to tell none OEM look the same but don't have the dealer part number on them. So a quick pull of a coil pack will tell you straight away buddy.

• Like 1

Hard to tell none OEM look the same but don't have the dealer part number on them. So a quick pull of a coil pack will tell you straight away buddy.

none OEM normally also have a machined looking top of the coil pack, instead of a nice clean top. Not 100% sure but your kinda look like a none oem from the top...But to be sure pull them and check 

Just seen this thread....phoned skoda dealer and mine is outstanding....I'm guessing its completely free?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Yes........ :rock: