0.7mm sparks on an unmapped car?

Can I get away with a 0.7mm gap on my spark plugs, considering my car hasn't been Stage 1'd yet?

That's what they are out of the box and I don't want to adjust them up to 0.8mm if I can get away with it...

Thoughts?

Thanks as always ;)

Can I get away with a 0.7mm gap on my spark plugs, considering my car hasn't been Stage 1'd yet?

That's what they are out of the box and I don't want to adjust them up to 0.8mm if I can get away with it...

Thoughts?

Thanks as always ;)

not a good idea.

The better option is to have a appropriate gap to allow a good quality spark. Even some mapped cars  can run on 0.8mm ok.

set to required gap dude.

don't be so lazy..............  :rofl:

• Like 1

not a good idea.

The better option is to have a appropriate gap to allow a good quality spark. Even some mapped cars  can run on 0.8mm ok.

set to required gap dude.

don't be so lazy..............  :rofl:

It's not so much lazy... rather "I've never done this before and scared I might break the fragile looking pointy bit on the end" :S

I've bought myself a feeler gauge so good to go - I just prefer plug-and-play as I have a nasty habit of fixing something, but breaking something else in the process (e.g. just fixed my SAI, but b*llocksed the servo in the process... somehow... don't ask).

Thanks for the info though ;)

It's not so much lazy... rather "I've never done this before and scared I might break the fragile looking pointy bit on the end" :S

I've bought myself a feeler gauge so good to go - I just prefer plug-and-play as I have a nasty habit of fixing something, but breaking something else in the process (e.g. just fixed my SAI, but b*llocksed the servo in the process... somehow... don't ask).

Thanks for the info though ;)

no problem buddy.

They are actually tougher than you think (it is the iridium ones you need to be careful with), a slight twist with a flat screwdriver on edge of plug to electrode is enough to open gap

I just then tap the plug softly on a flat surface to close gap with feeler gauge in place if I need to re adjust. I do have a proper gap adjust tool somewhere

I take it this is for a vrs. Iv bought sum ngk plugs for mine so take it they need gapping to 0.8mm

yes buddy...

• Like 1