How long did it take you?

I'm off to take a test drive on Wednesday and looking to buy a rapid sport. I liked the look of it and the price, in the showroom, the other week. When I saw they were making them in other colours and you can add more options I thought there's nothing stopping me now.

If just like to know how long it took you guys to get your brand new rapid? I just want to see what I can expect on a turnaround considering this is also my first ever brand new car.

Especially if you bought one in the last month of so and have been given an expected delivery date.

Here's my spec I built: http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/54867072

• Like 1

This is probably the first car I have ever bought without a test drive.   The enthusiasm of Rapid Sport owners on briskoda, the excellent reviews by What Car and Autoexpress (including looking at the negative reports elsewhere) and some great test drives on You Tube convinced me to come out of the VW Polo club.

I am afraid I am a VAG fan so it was always going to be VW, Skoda or SEAT anyway.   Unless one goes upmarket to Audi, Bavarian Motor Werke or Mercedes-Benz, I think any normal car would be a disappointment after the superior build quality of VAG!   (I'm going to make that VAG lot big-headed now!)

............and with the current offer from Lookers (Colbornes, Guildford), including free vservicing, deciding on the Rapid 1.2TSI Sport really was a no-brainer:

http://www.lookers.co.uk/skoda/offers/new-car-offers/skoda-rapid/

Edited by bealine

Lovely spec mate. I'm jealous now the Sport is available in different colours. I would have probably gone for race blue.

A bit naughty of Skoda to market it as limited edition to create demand and then decide that it isn't limited edition anymore!

Oh well

Sent using my right thumb

Lovely spec mate. I'm jealous now the Sport is available in different colours. I would have probably gone for race blue.

A bit naughty of Skoda to market it as limited edition to create demand and then decide that it isn't limited edition anymore!

Oh well

My thoughts exactly! Although a bit of a pain for you guys who got the limited edition models I am very happy I can pick other colours. They should have changed something in the styling between the limited edition models to now what they call the "sport" spec.

In fact, I wouldn't have gone with the sport model if I couldn't change the colour. Something about having to clean it all the time just puts me off... 

I only went to the dealership last week and they didn't even know you could change anything on the sport!

• 5 weeks later...

I went in to see the dealers (Henrys) to look at the rapid, initially thinking about an s in 1.2 mpi form but the prices just weren't there and I didn't want to buy a new car that didn't even have air con. Went away, thought about it and decided that I could push it to a sport.

After a wee test drive and a think I phoned and went for the deal. There were a couple of models in group stock and one in red, the colour I was looking for so I got a phone call today to say that it can be delivered within 10 days via transporter.

The thought of mming the decision ns then having to wait two I or three months would probably kill me

• Like 1

I'm expecting my Rapid Sport in September as well, the Skoda build plant has 2 weeks shutdown in August which will delay your delivery. Looks like you've spec'd every option on the list so this could add to your build time as a base spec model (like mine) could be quicker.

Ordered Rapid Hatchback 1.2 TSI 86 SE with just a third rear headrest as an extra lol

14 week turnaround for mine but at least I'll be able to register it as a 64 plate :)

Edited by rob84

My build week is most likely the end of July (uncomfirmed but likely) so I take it the rest of the time is to get it from the factory to the UK.

Oh well

I totally agree... but I'm still loving the car and very happy with it in White!  

• Like 1

I totally agree... but I'm still loving the car and very happy with it in White!  

I am delighted with mine in pristine white!   (Oh!   I just remembered, there are three splats of bird poop on the roof - I have to get them off!)  

Toodle-Pip!  :D