New to me octavia ...

Back in the day I bought a new octavia vrs mk1 , I then bought another and eventually moved on, but I've always had an itch to scratch with the vrs so on Thursday I went out and bought one. I love it, after reading all your posts I need to fettle with it, not in a performance kind of way, but just standard plus if you know what I mean. Anyway I bought a 54 plate vrs in black with 66k on the clock and two owners. It already had its cambelt water pump done, coil packs two tyres and front discs and pads, so I've already replaced the rear discs, pads and calipers, ordered some koni fsd and eibach springs, I'm having the wheels powder coated in silver and flake, and two more new tyres. Plenty of work to keep me going, it's on axel stands in my garage at the moment, loving tinkering with it ........

• Like 2

It's mostly mud on that shield, the other sides a bit rusty, duly noted, add to list........ Going to go down the tt subframe route, bring on the bush fetish and hammerite.......

I've also put some front mudflaps on, 10 years of no flaps left loads of mud / water behind the front plastic inner wheel arch, cleared/ cleaned it all out, and still no rust behind the wheel arch...... You've got to love vag......

I've also put some front mudflaps on, 10 years of no flaps left loads of mud / water behind the front plastic inner wheel arch, cleared/ cleaned it all out, and still no rust behind the wheel arch...... You've got to love vag......

Wish I could say the same about mine.

I'm going this weekend to get some black hammerite, the rear axle needs doing and I'll get enough for when I up spek the front subframe. I never thought painting would be so much fun......

Mine has had mudflaps on for years(bought it with them on) but still gets crud behind the front inner wheel arches, go figure?!?!

That is caused by leaves and the like getting under the scuttle panel and then being washed down the drainage holes (which run behind the rear of the front wheel arch liners.

I've been tinkering a bit more, I've replaced the window regulator on the n/s/f , due to the usual crunching sound and window stuck. I've replaced the pollen filter, I don't think it had ever been replaced........ Removed the white carpet, wasn't in too bad a condition, but now I'm waiting for a new black golf one to turn up.......I've replaced the front and rear skoda badges for original speck ones, and I'm still waiting for the koni fsd's to turn up , been assured they will be with me from holland on Wednesday....... While the carpet was out I've cleaned everything ........ Oh and I've removed the aftermarket alarm, ( not a fan of these, there too temperamental ) and finally stripped the key because it was locking but not unlocking, all good now, tomorrow I'm going to see if it's viable to fit an rns310 that I've got in my garage..........

• Like 1

hhmm.... I dont remember seeing that block of foam under my gear stick gator when i had it out for a cleaning a while back...

Me thinks i wasnt the first person to remove the centre console!

I must admit, it seems a very genuine/original car...... Picking my wheels up on Saturday morning , originals are getting powder coated, I hope it looks good.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All Octy model dashboards are the same, so it would fit, im guessing youd just have to sacrifice the under radio storage cubby.

edit : Welcome to Briskoda :)

Edited by mac11irl