Smooth remapping?

Progressive was the other word i was looking for - Jabba have always had a rep for that with the 20VT remap, compared with the trademark REVO low-down 'punch'. Horses for courses i suppose, but given my choice again with the Leon i would have probably gone for the smoother map. I love the REVO stuff, but now i spend hours driving around in 1st/2nd/3rd every day in cities i would prefer not to have to consciously try to maintain a smooth departure from roundabouts - especially with clients in the car.

Mind, if i had a Jabba map i'd probably be saying i miss the atomic 2nd gear lift and silly wheelspin when i want to go for a play on my mates private runway.

Progressive was the other word i was looking for - Jabba have always had a rep for that with the 20VT remap' date=' compared with the trademark REVO low-down 'punch'. Horses for courses i suppose, but given my choice again with the Leon i would have probably gone for the smoother map. I love the REVO stuff, but now i spend hours driving around in 1st/2nd/3rd every day in cities i would prefer not to have to consciously try to maintain a smooth departure from roundabouts - especially with clients in the car.

[/quote']

The standard Fabia vRS is, to me, almost as you describe the 20VT with Revo, in terms of the style of its power delivery. I always felt that the performance had an excellent thump of torque between about 2-3k followed by a perceived tailing off of the acceleration (but in fact, the acceleration remains constant, its the feeling you get without actually looking at the clocks). With the Jabba remap, my mates TDI Sport 130 went from being similar to that (albeit with taller gearing), to a very smooth and progressively more potent acceleration, it seems to kick in lower, about 1400-1500 and carries on delivering steadily increasing busts of acceleration all the way to the 4,500 red line.

Progressive was the other word i was looking for - Jabba have always had a rep for that with the 20VT remap' date=' compared with the trademark REVO low-down 'punch'. Horses for courses i suppose, but given my choice again with the Leon i would have probably gone for the smoother map. I love the REVO stuff, but now i spend hours driving around in 1st/2nd/3rd every day in cities i would prefer not to have to consciously try to maintain a smooth departure from roundabouts - especially with clients in the car.

Mind, if i had a Jabba map i'd probably be saying i miss the atomic 2nd gear lift and silly wheelspin when i want to go for a play on my mates private runway.[/quote']

In the wet when thrashing the Diesel the wheels have been known to loose traction in third, If the petrol Octy wasnt 4WD I dread to think how tyres would suffer, as it is I only get 10000 out of the fronts :):):)

If you send me your e-mail address I can mail you the Jabba map for the 4x4 if it interests you, my e-mail is [email protected] Unfortunately I dont have an electronic copy of the Diesel map but I will try & find someone with a scanner

IMO steady power delivery from low down is better than a big kick part way through the rev band. My previous car was a 300 bhp Impreza & all the power seemed to come in at once half way up the rev range, great effect but crap to drive quickly

A quick query for Forge: Can you let me know a little more about your map as its fairly new on the scene. Anyone who frequents the forums will know Forge offers solid, quality products, but it would be good to know some figures and features - maybe including a educated guess on output with the addition of your FMIC and a PD 160 intake.

Cheers for all the responses guys.

Also, is your map 'switchable' via a laptop or SPS stylee device? As i am getting a new car i am keen to take it in for servicing appearing as 'standard' as possible so that my warrenty doesn't become voided. I've checked out the stance on the FMIC and dearlerships dont seem at all bother by them, remaps on the other hand, are seen as a good way of escaping warrenty repairs on pretty much anything.

Just got mine remapped today at Jabba. Well recommended! I had the custom map done!

I know it might not be 100% accurate but the figures are 193 bhp and 423 NM torque. The torque curve is not entirely flat from the graph but the power is fairly progressive when it comes in!

When Mike asked me to take it for a spin and report whether I wanted any characteristics of the torque changing, the results were above my own expectations,. No change required!

On the way home I kept behind an E39 BMW M5 from 70 up to 110 (km/h ;) ) before I slowed down. This was in top gear and I assume he was probably doing the same!

Before I get the "The M5 wasn't trying" gags, I do know how fast these are (in 6th gear) having driven 2 before.

Total transformation :thumbup: pretty impressive IMO

• 3 months later...
Update:

After 1 week of having the car standard and careful consideration CustomCode have sold it to me - booked for phase 1.

Good choice - are you getting the 3 way switchable map? I'm currently on an older version of CC1 but am getting upgraded to the 3 way map on the 4th of feb! Looking forward to it following much praise from Josh and Anthony James who had it!

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/files/2/9/0/9/Josh_PoloGTi.jpg

As some will tell you I am not that good with computers so this has taken me ages to find.

This is Josh`s rolling road printout.

This was done slightly before Custom-Code was launched and has the Revo name on it.

But it is the Custom-Code that is on as Josh will be able to confirm.

Sarah