Autobrite Detail Xmas Sale

KBPhoto

Nice Delivery today from DPD

B5E294D8-70A3-4C82-BE49-DDF3B1ED2C70_zps

The Polished Bliss Lucky Dip wasn't a Flex VRG sadly though, just some Carlack Bug and Insect Remover :(

Will have to order some Raceglaze 55 to try again :D

• Like 2

Nice Delivery today from DPD

B5E294D8-70A3-4C82-BE49-DDF3B1ED2C70_zps

The Polished Bliss Lucky Dip wasn't a Flex VRG sadly though, just some Carlack Bug and Insect Remover :(

Will have to order some Raceglaze 55 to try again :D

Be interested in your thoughts on this as its been one of those that I have nearly bought a few times.

• Like 2

Be interested in your thoughts on this as its been one of those that I have nearly bought a few times.

I now have the full fire over ice kit with Gloss Enhancing Polish, All Finish Paint Protection, Midnight Sun Wax and Midnight Sun Detailer, I'm hoping for big things.  The wax is specifically designed to layer ove the sealant using the same crystal polymers, which I am sure you knew.

I am really looking forward to trying this out.  You wouldn't tell from the picture but the wax pot is huge, I hadn't clocked what a generous tub it was when ordering.

It's almost a shame that I detailed the car this weekend gone.  Currently wearing GYEON Wetcoat and a selection of panels topped with Migliore Original and some with Obsession Wax Hybrid '86.

• Like 2

I now have the full fire over ice kit with Gloss Enhancing Polish, All Finish Paint Protection, Midnight Sun Wax and Midnight Sun Detailer, I'm hoping for big things.  The wax is specifically designed to layer ove the sealant using the same crystal polymers, which I am sure you knew.

I am really looking forward to trying this out.  You wouldn't tell from the picture but the wax pot is huge, I hadn't clocked what a generous tub it was when ordering.

It's almost a shame that I detailed the car this weekend gone.  Currently wearing GYEON Wetcoat and a selection of panels topped with Migliore Original and some with Obsession Wax Hybrid '86.

Sounds like a good kit, got Wet Coat on mine at the minute. Been on about 4 weeks, very impressed with it. You will be stripping your bonnet down I bet so you can have a play with your Midnight stuff, enjoy.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good kit, got Wet Coat on mine at the minute. Been on about 4 weeks, very impressed with it. You will be stripping your bonnet down I bet so you can have a play with your Midnight stuff, enjoy.

I massively rate Gyeon Wet Coat, I've made it to two months no problem, just great stuff for something so simple.  It's really good fun as you begin to pressure wash and the car goes from looking unprotected to crazy beading up in just a pass.

I will probably strip the car the weekend, time allowing and put on the Blackfire though :)

That's why I stocked up on AB Wax Off after all, although I haven't tried stripping Wet Coat straight after application.  I'll probably have to give the whole thing a polish down.

• Like 1

By the way, you were right, Migliore was a right moose to buff off.  Had a bin bag full of overloaded cloths by the end of just the bonnet.

• Like 1

By the way, you were right, Migliore was a right moose to buff off. Had a bin bag full of overloaded cloths by the end of just the bonnet.

Aye, the Migliore gives a nice finish, but a bit fussy to remove, washing machine full of buffing cloths after I bet, lol

Best advice I'd give anyone is wipe it off & turn cloth & wipe again gets a bit tedious after you have got through a dozen cloths or so.

Edited by NorthernMonkey
  • Like 1

Aye, the Migliore gives a nice finish, but a bit fussy to remove, washing machine full of buffing cloths after I bet, lol

Best advice I'd give anyone is wipe it off & turn cloth & wipe again gets a bit tedious after you have got through a dozen cloths or so.

Yep, it looks great, but it's one oily mother to get off the paint.  Luckily I had good light to see the smearing it was leaving behind.  I can easily see a novice getting hold of this waxing the car, buffing off and coming back hours later to a streaky mess.

Also not really recommended for Jap paint due to the amount of passes you have to make buffing I'd say.

But when the work is done it had a very deep liquid shine and the Originale and Frutta just smell lovely.

• Like 1

I now have the full fire over ice kit with Gloss Enhancing Polish, All Finish Paint Protection, Midnight Sun Wax and Midnight Sun Detailer, I'm hoping for big things.  The wax is specifically designed to layer over the sealant using the same crystal polymers, which I am sure you knew.

Nice purchase Mark - looking forward to your feedback/write-up on this  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Is ABFOREVER15 not working Carl?

Thanks for trying to help mark, but no this is not working sadly.

• Like 1

Had a go at my engine bay on Tuesday with the Jaffa Degreaser and the Engine Protectant.

Wasn't overly thrilled with the Jaffa (wasn't what I expected) but produced these results all the same;

Enginebay_zps49ed5673.jpg

I also ordered the brush set (pic below) which proved to be amazing value and really good quality. They are probably the pick of the bunch for me!

168_shop1_779843_1.jpg

Edited by Watsona6
  • Like 2

Had a go at my engine bay on Tuesday with the Jaffa Degreaser and the Engine Protectant.

Wasn't overly thrilled with the Jaffa (wasn't what I expected) but produced these results all the same;

I also ordered the brush set which proved to be amazing value and really good quality. They are probably the pick of the bunch for me!

I got a couple of sets of the brushes in the sale also - absolutely great quality for the money  :thumbup:

Thanks for trying to help mark, but no this is not working sadly.

That's the only one I am aware of, they must still have it shut down from the Xmas Sale, do they still have the Pressure Washers up?

Yeah pressure washers still for sale. I might be going to the in laws this weekend so was gonna call in.

But with all the sales on everywhere now I refuse to pay retail prices.

• Like 1

Here is my haul from AB Xmas sale.

Hope the weather is nice this weekend.

Very nice. Let us know what you make of the wax off. ;)

That's the only one I am aware of, they must still have it shut down from the Xmas Sale, do they still have the Pressure Washers up?

There was a post on the AB forum that I copied earlier this year, something along the lines of discount codes disabled, to be replaced by something more interesting tbc.....

I'll see if i can find it later.

• Like 1

I also ordered the brush set (pic below) which proved to be amazing value and really good quality. They are probably the pick of the bunch for me!

168_shop1_779843_1.jpg

how did it differ, and i suppose to extend the question, what were you expecting?

I hope to pick up my orders tomorrow, work and the m6 not withstanding.

Yeah pressure washers still for sale. I might be going to the in laws this weekend so was gonna call in.

But with all the sales on everywhere now I refuse to pay retail prices.

I know what you mean there, I have difficultly ever paying full retail.  Im like an internet research monster when i get going.  Might save me a quid or two buts takes all the fun out of it.  Im not 100% sure but im sure I paid very slightly less in store last time.  Could have been my mistake, or an out of date sticker maybe?

There was a post on the AB forum that I copied earlier this year, something along the lines of discount codes disabled, to be replaced by something more interesting tbc.....

I'll see if i can find it later.

feel like a right b**lend quoting myself, but have found the thread on the AB forum.

Original Post: (August) 

Greetings all,[/size]

Unfortunately, we have had to withdraw the discount codes for the time being. We are replacing the codes with something a little more special in the near future, please keep your eyes open for more news as it comes. [/size]

Many thanks,[/size]

Team AB[/size]

Follow up post:[/size]

All will be revealed properly with the new website fella, but suffice to say it revolves around a loyalty points scheme [/size]icon_e_smile.gif

how did it differ, and i suppose to extend the question, what were you expecting?

I think the lack of 'degreasing' info on the bottle ( not mentioned at all) along with its 'ok' performance. That said I'm no expert!

Let me know how you get on with yours.

I think the lack of 'degreasing' info on the bottle ( not mentioned at all) along with its 'ok' performance. That said I'm no expert!

Let me know how you get on with yours.

• Like 1