Clarity Sealant From Gb

radders567

• 2 weeks later...

Sparkly - did you get Alan sorted for this GB btw?

Seems like i missed your planned visit last weekend....

I have a special parcel that I am going to have to courier from work tomorrow Ste.

I was sent to London by work last weekend, this weekend mowed out too.

Had wanted to hand deliver as you guys are neighbours to me more or less and to apologise for the delay.

Feel bad on this one as Alan has been a gent waiting patiently for me to sort this.

I am very aware it's been too long

I have a special parcel that I am going to have to courier from work tomorrow Ste.

I was sent to London by work last weekend, this weekend mowed out too.

Had wanted to hand deliver as you guys are neighbours to me more or less and to apologise for the delay.

Feel bad on this one as Alan has been a gent waiting patiently for me to sort this.

I am very aware it's been too long

Ah ok - hoped to manage a meet this side of Xmas but not looking good really.

I cant make the curry night; and i dont see your name down either.

No matter - glad Alan's delivery is pretty much sorted then  :thumbup:

Unaware till today of both Chris`s and Ste`s interventions , thanks to all, yes we'll still have to meet up in the new year , hope Simeons better tomorrow or the curry meets off, 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Radders, can you get me some pictures of this because it is completely baffling.

I could understand if your preference is for a hydrophobic beading waxed look when wet, compared to a hydrophillic sheeting type sealant but to not see any discernible difference between a sealed and unsealed panel is really unusual.

Can you also pm me your "decon and stripping" process for removing old LSP.

Thanks

Sparkly - Apologies for the delay, I know I owe you an answer I just haven't been able to get round to it.

My son has graciously let me use his corsa bonnet to demonstrate what happened to me.

Routine

1. Usual wash and decontamination.

2. Clay mitt.

3. Polish bonnet with S17+ and new polisher (many thanks ChrisRS for the pad conditioner tip).

4. Wipe down with AB direct wax off.

5. Wipe panel over with clean MF towel.

Left hand side of bonnet.

1. Apply Cherry glaze.

2. Buff with clean MF towel.

3. Apply a coat of Fusso soft 99.

4. Buff with clean MF towel.

Right hand side of bonnet.

1. Spritz bonnet with clarity sealant.

2. Spread evenly with MF towel.

3. Use clean MF towel to buff to a shine.

The car was left overnight and now here are the same results that I spoke of (this is exactly how the VRS looked leading me to beleive (rightly or wrongly) that the LSP had failed due to the clarity sealant.

Im confused

Or have I read this wrongly?

The Clarity has failed?

The pictures show Clarity on the left? (Picture titles say so)

Yet you say this:

Left hand side of bonnet.

1. Apply Cherry glaze.

2. Buff with clean MF towel.

3. Apply a coat of Fusso soft 99.

4. Buff with clean MF towel.

Right hand side of bonnet.

1. Spritz bonnet with clarity sealant.

2. Spread evenly with MF towel.

3. Use clean MF towel to buff to a shine

Dont you mean Clarity applied on the right? (Picture title)

Only a beginner but the clarity seems pretty good on mine still. Must be about 8 weeks now and still seems to be beading. The colinite has always beaded better but the clarity seems to repel the dirt and tar a little better.

Interesting thread, I had forgotten I have this from mark, still yet to try it.

I will wait for a warmer day and use it on the tailgate of the yeti as its a small enough area for trial but takes a hell of a whack from the weather with it being so boxy

It's not just not beading It looks a failure

Really odd

I might conduct a few experiments with mine when the weather permits

I have tried it three times now all with the same results for me. When I got home from your place I wanted to put something on the freshly painted spoiler; you've guessed it - I thought give the clarity a go. Unfortunately I got the same result.

I have tried it three times now all with the same results for me. When I got home from your place I wanted to put something on the freshly painted spoiler; you've guessed it - I thought give the clarity a go. Unfortunately I got the same result.

I have a spare sample bottle I can post to you, just to check yours wasn't contaminated or spoiled somehow.

• Like 2