Black Magic Shopping list.

Hutchie91

Hey guys. 

looking to start stocking up on car care for the beginning of next season and want your recommendations for what would work best for my car.

wash.

wax.

wheels.

tyres.

dressing.

accessories.

and so on.

middle of the park in price range where possible.

cheers Ryan

One thing i'd recommend for black magic is, Poor Boys Blackhole Glaze.

I found it to be excellent to use, easy on and off, and it has given me great results in hiding swirls etc. 

Seems to last okay with a sealant on top too. 

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=494

One thing i'd recommend for black magic is, Poor Boys Blackhole Glaze.

I found it to be excellent to use, easy on and off, and it has given me great results in hiding swirls etc. 

Seems to last okay with a sealant on top too. 

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=494

I'd agree with this.

I use Blackhole topped off with Poorboys EX-P sealant with some Victoria Concours on top. There are many who say that you don't need both but it makes my black magic Octavia sparkle! Worth topping it off with Sonax BSD too. Gives it extra protection and makes it bead beautifully.

Hey guys. 

looking to start stocking up on car care for the beginning of next season and want your recommendations for what would work best for my car.

wash.

wax.

wheels.

tyres.

dressing.

accessories.

and so on.

middle of the park in price range where possible.

cheers Ryan

Ey up Ryan

It's one of those difficult ones to answer as we will all have different preferences

Wash - Britemax Cleanmax Shampoo

Wax - Collinite 845

Wheel - AD Very Cherry

Tyres - Zaino Z16

Dressing - not sure what you are after, interior Poorboys, exterior AF Revive

Accessories - too many, get decent cloths, towels, brushes etc

I could write the above probably another dozen times with different products.

Try & get some samples & try them out, you will then find out what you like & what you don't etc.

• Like 1

wash - Car Chem 1900:1 Shampoo & Microfiber Madness Incredisponge

wax. - Anything from Obsession Wax

wheels. - AB Very Cherry Wheel Cleaner

tyres. - Gyeon Tire

dressing. - AF Revive

accessories. - Wheel Woolies, Pump Sprayer for pre wash, detailing brushes, microfiber cloths.

I would also recommend a pre wax cleaner or all in one polish too.

If you need any help with anything just give me a shout as im not far from you.

• Like 3

I'd agree with this.

I use Blackhole topped off with Poorboys EX-P sealant with some Victoria Concours on top. There are many who say that you don't need both but it makes my black magic Octavia sparkle! Worth topping it off with Sonax BSD too. Gives it extra protection and makes it bead beautifully.

Ex-P, Followed by BSD works great for me too.

Good shine and good protection. 

• Like 2

Well - where to start Ryan.....

As a generic starting point - I would have recommended the Autobrite Direct detailing bag whilst it was in the sale.

Something like that would be a great way to get started.... then home in on the key products you want to improve on...

£140 now but was £70 in the sale.....

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/valeting-detailing-kits-gifts/valeting-collection-wash-kits/db1-deluxe-detailing-starter-kit.html

I put a couple of guys onto it from my work and both chaps were very happy indeed!  :thumbup:

Fully agree Paul... a lot of snobbery attached to Detailing products Im afraid to say

If it works for you, is readily available and is priced right..Why not

Personally..I havent used mine for a while, but they are there if I need to

• Like 1

sorry guys ive just realized that for some reason the notifications from this post were not coming through on my phone.

firstly thanks for all the replies! wasnt expecting such a hit from this lol

the shopping list is changing everyday but im pleased to say that poorboys black hole has always been present, heard alot of very good reviews.

due to where i live i have got Mainz car care around 10 mins from where i am and will probably be trying a couple of their products due to ease of access.

my purchase shall begin next weekend due to getting some love2shop vouchers from my nan :) will mainly be using these for accessories from halfords :)

• Like 2

From mainze I recomm blue moon nano sealant and honey bee qd, cherry boom air freshener and their interior cleaner, can't think of its name of the top of my head, it's pink in colour and its a great product leaves a lovely Matt finish.

sorry guys ive just realized that for some reason the notifications from this post were not coming through on my phone.

firstly thanks for all the replies! wasnt expecting such a hit from this lol

the shopping list is changing everyday but im pleased to say that poorboys black hole has always been present, heard alot of very good reviews.

due to where i live i have got Mainz car care around 10 mins from where i am and will probably be trying a couple of their products due to ease of access.

my purchase shall begin next weekend due to getting some love2shop vouchers from my nan :) will mainly be using these for accessories from halfords :)

Lucky man indeed - being close to Mainz!

I hope you took advantage of the recent Mainz sale that Dean and Sonia were running.  :thumbup:

I think the sale ended midnight Sunday; but don't forget we have a forum discount in place too.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/314498-detailing-promotions-discounts/

Unfortunately not :( too many things to sort for Christmas wouldn't allow.

I did pop down the other day and have a chat with Dean.

Not to worry - as long as you get to know Dean - he will sort out some good deals i'm sure.

He has saved me an absolute fortune this year - with Mainz detailing supplies, plus a Flex DA and rotary  :thumbup:

This Carl?

new_website_pics_378.jpg

Sorry no this is the one I meant, but I do rate pink sheen.

It's called cherish here's the link.

http://www.mainzcarcare.co.uk/interior-care/interior-trim-dressings-and-protectants/cherish-matt-look-interior-trim-dressing-1-litre

Sorry no this is the one I meant, but I do rate pink sheen.

It's called cherish here's the link. http://www.mainzcarcare.co.uk/interior-care/interior-trim-dressings-and-protectants/cherish-matt-look-interior-trim-dressing-1-litre

Link doesn't worked, this one should http://www.mainzcarcare.co.uk/cherish?keyword=Cheri