aftermarket wheels thread

You're all going the wrong way about it. Smaller wheels and far less washing/waxxing are much better.

ATS Raidal Graphite 17's - lighter, better rider, cheaper, and less prone to kerb contact.

The dirt adds character, and 17" makes the front and (especially) rear discs look less puny.

At first glance it looked to me like 16"  :D

Maybe just the alloys give that impression..

My favourite is the one of Skoda's new supermini.  It looks good in meteor grey and being such a small car the tiny matt black 5 spoke wheels (4"? 5"?) Actually suit it.  Parked next to the octy it really does look small though.

Darn it, I was going to get these!

Ahh glad you saw that, I was going to poke you when next at a PC.

...errr..... What do you mean 'was'??

(Although personally I think they are fugly, and really very fugly on an octy..... But you were edited so I was excited for you)

At first glance it looked to me like 16"  :D

Maybe just the alloys give that impression..

I probably would have fitted 16's if the brakes fitted inside them. The picture has the old alloys in the boot and car is on uneven ground so the front wheel arch is riding high (makes the wheel look smaller because of the large gap between wheel and arch).

(Although personally I think they are fugly, and really very fugly on an octy..... But you were edited so I was excited for you)

I'm gonna have a wee rethink as I do have two other types in the possible wants list.

To be honest, now I have looked at the image a few times, I'm not as keen as I was, which is handy. :)

Beautiful, well maintained roads :), something we don't get in many parts of the UK. :(

Seriously, no idea, simply looking at the tyres just scares the hell out of me!

When I order my new AM wheels which will be this weekend sometime, I'm going for 18s, personally I have had so many issues with my local roads when I ran 19s on my Scirocco.

Beautiful, well maintained roads :), something we don't get in many parts of the UK. :(

Seriously, no idea, simply looking at the tyres just scares the hell out of me!

When I order my new AM wheels which will be this weekend sometime, I'm going for 18s, personally I have had so many issues with my local roads when I ran 19s on my Scirocco.

What wheels have you ordered?

What wheels have you ordered?

Well, not ordered quite yet but should be tomorrow, favourites at the moment are some BBS CH lookalikes in satin black with a polished rim.

Should go well with Meteor Grey.... :)

I should imagine they will go on the back ok but I'm not sure about the front. For info, the ones I plan to get are 8J fitted 225/40-18 with ET42 and they are fairly tight on width.

• Like 1

9 is wide indeed.  List post #43, the car on air, 9" front 10.5"...... But then it had been heavily modified for air suspension so....

I've read on here somewhere that someone squeezed 8.5j on, et 42 iirc, maybe et35 even... Not quite sure.

So will 19x8 et 45 19x9 et40 fit and what tyres should I be running?

Try this link...

http://www.willtheyfit.com

This will help you decide on whether the wheels will work, then tackle the tyres. :)

For ref, standard vRS Gemini wheels (if that's what you have fitted) are 7.5J x 18, ET51

On 8J rims, minimum is a 215 with the ideal being 225 or 235

On 9J rims, minimum is a 235 with the ideal being 245 or 255

So will 19x8 et 45 19x9 et40 fit and what tyres should I be running?

Now we're talking :)

I think that would be close to perfect.

235/35/19 front

265/30/10 rear

Fronts up only slightly (1.6%) on overall diameter compared to stock with the rears a few mm less.

I prefer to use this; http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Edited by AUSKOUT