ODK - Information

samuir1974

As you all know - i like to research my products well - especially waxes. One that is on the test list is ODK.

Some spotlight on ODK at the moment; so thought to share some updates from Dan and his products  :thumbup:

10850171_10203375609939560_4119816601839

10806246_10203375610059563_4322189244682

As many of you may know Dan first started out home-brewing waxes, this turned from something to do, to a full blown passion trying to push the boundaries of what could be achieve. Started in June 2012. and after months of researching decided to start a progress thread on Detailing World Some of you might know Dan from DW already perhaps?

So after a year and four months in the development Chocwork Orange was launched onto Dodo Juices IWL and sold out in 10 hours!
1549356_1409973035959987_761672678528081

Since then they have spent the last 14 months concentrating on our own blends and have been constantly developing and testing new blends so lookout for new releases next year.

ODK waxes offer a touch of that high end feel but with a realistic price point, I believe that a honest product deserves and honest price and thats my ethos. All of our waxes will come in 200ml and 50ml glass jars, fully boxed in our luxury boxes and with an applicator. 50ml jars will not be boxed but sold separately.

6 months in development and testing Sterling is ODK's first production wax; which i have a sample to test out sometime soon  ;)

Sterling is a natural wax combing pure T1 Carnauba and other organic waxes with a fruity mango and papaya fragrance. Sterling brings out the metallic flake and an uncompromising warm glow, suitable on any paint colour but great on lighter shades. Sterling has been hand-blended and hand-poured to bring out the best on your paintwork. Durability is 2 - 3 months.

Apply a panel at a time very thin in straight or circular motions and leave to cure between 2-5 minutes depending on temperature. 2 or 3 coats advised to ensure even coverage, leaving an hour between coats. Each 200ml glass jar is housed in our luxury boxes with an applicator pad RRP £49.99. 50ml glass jars RRP £14.99.

Currently available from Bears Wax Factory, Perfectly Cleaned, iShine Car Care in the UK..... and don't forget we have forum discount codes too  :thumbup:

*As always - i have no affiliation with the companies mentioned above - just sharing reviews and news.
  • Like 1

I have been getting some good detail on the the future of ODK product line-up, so i thought i would share what products Dan and team will be introducing in 2015.

Entourage is their new QD, should be released in January. I hope to do a more detailed review of it later on ...when samples are sent.

Glamour will be a dedicated show wax, release has been brought forward to End of February.

Silica Spray sealant, this is currently being worked on to deliver both huge amounts of gloss and durability, great water behaviour and a slick finish.

Shampoo. Not concentrating on huge 10,000 to 1 ratios but more on cleaning power along with a slick feel when using a wash mitt. LSP safe and pH neutral. Probably in more of a gel form.

They also have a very good glass cleaner, and a new wax with advanced polymers and synthetic waxes to deliver great finish and performance.
Both just on final tweaking stage. 9 months in development for the synthetic wax.... so bodes well!

I trust this is of interest to you guys.... :thumbup:
  • Like 1

Entourage details prior to launch....

Entourage is our new quick detailer.....but a bit special by the sounds of it.

Entourage has great cleaning power along with great performance. It will clean dust, fingerprints, bird droppings etc but will also leave a very glossy finish, it leaves that just waxed look along with a extremely slick feel to paintwork. It also adds 4+ weeks protection with regular safe maintenance. Works on exterior trim, paintwork and glass leaving very nice tight, tall beads. It can also be layered leaving an hour between coats.

Great for shows or LSP top ups. Entourage's party piece is that it can also be used as an interior detailer leaving a nice smooth satin finish. A very versatile product and something a little different from usual qd's ive used. Lovely pink colour and a strawberries and cream fragrance this is a must have in your product arsenal.  Release date mid January 2015 and 500ml RRP £12.99.

Sounds great - i think i'll be buying some to try, if a sample isn't forthcoming!
  • Like 1

Just to conclude this review on ODK products and services... thought to mention about ODK's Custom Wax Service.

This is a 100% bespoke service. Each blend is unique and built from the ground up to your individual brief.
Once Dan has blended and tested the wax and think its where you want it, ODK then send you a sample.

If you are happy ODK then pour the final wax in 200ml glass jars. If you want the wax tweaked then Dan can tweak and send another sample until you are happy.
Upgrade coloured glass jars are extra option. These can take a month to a year. ODK are currently booked up well into the next year with Custom waxes.

Prices vary but on average they come in with upgraded jars at £105+P&P.

Good Luck to Dan and ODK in 2015!  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ODK Entourage - limited supply labelled samples going out this week for review :thumbup:

1966753_1544053829176277_409168927900896

Keep us posted on this Ste, I do like a good Qd

• Like 1

Does anyone have any chocwork Orange wax? I'd like to try some.

If anyone has any for sale let me know.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I didn't want to buy a full pot as I have so many waxes. Never mind it was just for trials sake really.

:)

I was asking around a while back Carl and not many folk willing to let go of a sample.

I have used my sample and passed it on already i'm afraid.

It really was the product that enabled Dan to launch his ODK brand - it is very very good.

I do still have some ODK Sterling - which is superb!  :thumbup:

• 5 weeks later...

New releases should be heading out for 1st March.... if there are any ODK fans

10846120_1560327857548874_59444846191894

Available at Bears Wax Factory, iShine Car Care, Perfectly Cleaned and Detailed.be; so a couple of discount codes there to be used too  :thumbup:

• Like 3

Darn you Ste. I'm going to try and resist

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Sorry - just making you aware of some possible savings.... should you be looking at a new wax  :happy:  ;)  :rofl:

i thought the 50ml sample pot was a bargain really.  :thumbup:

• Like 3

£13.96 delivered for the sample pot using BRISK75 as the discount code

"(Be dispatched on or as near as possible to the launch date) No discount codes please!"

That's a quote direct from the site & contained within the first paragraph of the listing.

Edited by NorthernMonkey
  • Like 1

"(Be dispatched on or as near as possible to the launch date) No discount codes please!"

That's a quote direct from the site & contained within the first paragraph of the listing.

Yes - thanks for pointing that out NM - already discounted folks;

so they have requested not to use any other discount codes please. 

• Like 1

Just to be clear guys - Martin has tried to make the rules clear on this particular offer.

Please do not use the discount code - otherwise, it may be revoked going forward.

Any orders on the ODK special with discount code applied  - would be cancelled and refunded.

The price is already well discounted and a great offer.  :thumbup:

• Like 2