Hellshine and G1 done on the VRS

V6Jules

So I finally managed to give the VRS the TLC it deserved! this took me two days due to the weather and have to pop out and inspect a new car for a mate. ive got no before and during photos as I was trying to be as quick but it was reasonably dirty but lacking much protection.

I started off by giving it a quick jetwash to remove the frost that was still all over the top half of the car

Then gave it two heavy coats of valetpro foam with 10 mins of dwell although i couldnt see any difference im sticking with it

whilst the foam was dwelling I cleaned out all the trim gaps and around the badges with a soft brush and some APC

washed it with a standard two bucket method and autofinesse lather shampoo and it wasnt looking too bad

gave it a blast of autobrite purple rain to remove some of the fallout from the paint... those little brown spots really show up on a candy white car!!

whilst the purple rain was doing its thing I cleaned all the door shuts, boot and bonnet gaps out

hit the lower portion of the car with valetpro citrus tar remover which got most of the tar from some recent road resurfacing off it

gave it another wash with the lather shampoo and then hosed it down and dried it off with some large waffle weave towls

clayed a few little spots of crud I couldnt get off and then had to call it as the the snow foam remains were freezing solid!!

DAY TWO.

I started by giving the car a quick rip over with some Lime Prime on a Lake county CCS finessing pad using the old das-6, then buffed that off

Wiped all the panels down with IPA

Applied a coat of Hellshine abyss to the car and let that sit whilst I wiped all the glass down with IPA and applied a coat of Getechniq G1

after 20 mins of G1 curing the abyss didnt look quite ready so I went ahead and did a second coat of G1 on the windscreen and boot glass

whilst that coat was curing I buffed off the first coat of Abyss using several towels, I think I put too much on due to the low temperatures

I then applied the 3rd coat of G1 to the glass, put my timer on and went inside to warm my hands up!

After 20 mins I removed the G1 using the G2 and some cotton towels and im not going to lie I struggled a bit, one side of the car was easy but the wind around the other seemed to flash off the G2 so quick I couldnt buff it in time. I got there in the end though and the glass looks clear and glossy.

Once I had finished with the glass there was just enough time to get another coat of Abyss on the bonnet, bumper and wings. which I let cure and buffed off.

Im chuffed to bits with how the car turned out to be honnest and really love the gloss the abyss gives to even a white car. As for the G1 I will have to let you know

Hope you enjoy the piks, note the annoying dent in the boot photo right above the octavia badge that I need to get sorted

post-115405-0-85900700-1418575244_thumb.jpg

post-115405-0-00800900-1418575258_thumb.jpg

post-115405-0-08799300-1418575293_thumb.jpg

post-115405-0-06955700-1418575301_thumb.jpg

post-115405-0-92774100-1418575306_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looks rather impressive, can't remember seeing such a good finish to a white car so you must be well chuffed with the results. I had similar problems with the hellshine when I tried it. I put my problems down to a soft applicator and intend to use the red AG one that came with my high dev wax next time, though I had a bit of a mouse moment and also got some of the spray varient that is currently on offer for £25 that I think Dinsky posted the link for in the other hellshine abyss thread that is apparently a doddle to use.

thanks guys, im well chuffed

I was trying to put it on really thin but another downside of a white car is its really hard to see where you have been! I think next time i will try it with one of my ultimate german applicators instead of the generic yellow pads

thanks guys, im well chuffed

I was trying to put it on really thin but another downside of a white car is its really hard to see where you have been! I think next time i will try it with one of my ultimate german applicators instead of the generic yellow pads

I used a yellow one too so that seems to be the issue

I find a mf coated sponge applicator pad works very well

I'm going to try these next time after you recommended using them with the spray, which arrives tomorrow. Do you use these if just applying the paste too Chris and did you find the paste's temperature an issue. Cheers Ade

I use pure sponge ones for paste products and mf for liquid. Leakage is the main issue

Temperature wise. Abyss likes a warmer temperature. Can be an issue this time of year I would say anything less than 10c and curing times will be much longer. Possibly doubled. Try on a small section first

• Like 2

Cars looking great so well done. Specially this time of year, plus very difficult to see where you are going in a white car, I used to use sunglasses when cleaning a white yeti I used to own, worked for me. (Maybe give it a go)

With hellshine abyss liquid or paste I've only ever used foam application I mihhtbtry microfibre at some point but I did find foam to work really well.

I used the cheap yellow ones and the quality red applicators both with great success but the weather was much better then.

It's this time of year and white coloured car with a coloured wax can actually be beneficial to each other.

Good luck on your next attemp.

But the car looks cracking!

I use pure sponge ones for paste products and mf for liquid. Leakage is the main issue

Temperature wise. Abyss likes a warmer temperature. Can be an issue this time of year I would say anything less than 10c and curing times will be much longer. Possibly doubled. Try on a small section first

Thanks Chris. My Abyss spray arrived from shopnshine today so I can use that if the weather is cold or I'm in a hurry to finish off, but you've now got competition from Dinski for being blamed for my detailing excesses!

• Like 1