Fabia Mk1 with Factory Sat Nav/Maxidot

softscoop

While I completely respect your enthusiasm for the topic in finding this, I think the car in the video is a LHD car from Eastern Europe. The speedo is km/h and it doesn't look like a English in the cluster when it starts up.

As I say, kudos for spotting it!

While I completely respect your enthusiasm for the topic in finding this, I think the car in the video is a LHD car from Eastern Europe. The speedo is km/h and it doesn't look like a English in the cluster when it starts up.

As I say, kudos for spotting it!

I know it's an LHD and yes I know the speedo is in Km/h. Thanks for pointing out what I knew.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine is number 7 the night/day button fell off in top right of unit and cannot get a replacement.

When I first got it I looked in the booklet and it listed optional extras, cd multi changer, tv module etc. Was a little confused as the cd inserted was the map disc and would not play music the booklet stated the cd multi changer was located in the boot, so I went to investigate, no multi changer I messed with the menu settings but could not get the the unit to play music so I wrote it off as not chosen in optional extras, 9 months later I found the multi change under passenger seat

Does anyone have the tv option? Probably obsolete now as no analogue signal, I have seen a DVB box on ebay for 65quid ànd wondered if it would work

And also seen an AUX bluetooth plugin has anyone fitted one?

I found a map for my DX on ebay. £20 for a 2012/ 2013 map. I was doubtful that it'd work but for £20 took a punt.

Loaded it and hey presto! 2012/13 maps of UK and Ireland loaded!

post-73816-0-44982500-1485000132_thumb.jpgpost-73816-0-83486100-1485000141_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Dean pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

My 2004 car vRS has SatNav from the factory... but no CD player!

It's all fairly redundant at the moment because when the car was off the road during lockdown the battery was disconnected and when I got it going again I couldn't find the code. I'm not overly concerned as 1) the radio couldn't hold on to a signal for more than 5 mins at a time anyway before fading to white noise and 2) the SatNav is a bit out of date and gets confused by things like the Hindhead Tunnel. 

If anyone's got recommendations for 1) getting past the lock screen to input the correct keycode to restart it and 2) where and how best to fit a CD player I'd be grateful. I was getting tempted to pull it all out and fit a new head completely but if it's a rarity then I'll keep it standard.

Anyway, it was first registered on the Isle of Man in late 2004 and its audio is factory fit. May have been the dealer's demonstrator. A friend's grandma bought it new, then my friend inherited it. I bought it when she decided that she wanted a new Audi.

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, softscoop said:

Shame it hasn't got the reg on the pictures.

I have my ways of finding the reg, I'll come back with it hopefully.

Edit: Reg is MA54UYX, you can find it by; 1. getting an insurance quote through Compare the Market via AutoTrader, 2. and then logging into your CTM account and the reg will be sitting there. It's also got a Cat C to it's name and the dealer selling it says it's 1 of 19, but take that with a pinch of salt.

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Additional Information.
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...