Best colour for alloys on race blue vRS?

Don't go silver. I like Black but it's a PITA as far as showing every mark is concerned. Take the opportunity to seal them with carbon collective ceramic wheel sealer before you put them back on the car as it makes keeping the clean a lot easier than any of the other non ceramic options.

Don't go silver. I like Black but it's a PITA as far as showing every mark is concerned. Take the opportunity to seal them with carbon collective ceramic wheel sealer before you put them back on the car as it makes keeping the clean a lot easier than any of the other non ceramic options.

Not black, too much like hard work to keep clean.  Is the wheel sealer available anywhere ?

this is mine, anthracite as per my sig..

I really like the look of that, I have a 2007 vRS and it would look the muts with anthracite alloys I think. :D

Cheers :D

Black. I'm not biased in any way.

But anthracite is quite good too.

Anthracite is looking favourite :notme:  :D

• Like 1

The same colour wheels the car came with.

They look good in standard silver but I'm after something a bit special.

Gold

No, just no. :thumbdown:

+1 Gold, they would also look good on a White car 

Thank goodness mine is blue then ! :p

From what I've seen I think the race blue octavias look good with either black or dark gun metal grey, white or as mentioned above gold or a dark bronze colour.

Gold is too Subaru for my liking, anthracite or gun metal FTW

Edited by SkodaKitteh

Not black, too much like hard work to keep clean.  Is the wheel sealer available anywhere

I got mine from the Bears wax factory. If you look in the styling and car section there's a discount Chris has arranged too. You'll need some lint free makeup pads to apply it and IPA to clean the wheels with 1st.

Make sure you apply it in good directional light so you can check for any over application that looks like an oil stain. Any over application is easily wiped off while fresh with a mf cloth, but more difficult if you don't do it then. The time it will save you after is well worth it.

• Like 1

this is mine, anthracite as per my sig..

Superb, this has me descided on a colour for mine! Had this colour on three of my previous cars and TBH... i love it! The grill will be colour coded too, that looks excelent. 

(sorry for copying your car! haha)

• Like 1

Superb, this has me descided on a colour for mine! Had this colour on three of my previous cars and TBH... i love it! The grill will be colour coded too, that looks excelent. 

(sorry for copying your car! haha)

its not as if you are on the next street to us...! tbh having only just had the grill done it has given me that 'new car feel' literally!! even after 5 years of ownership

• Like 1

Standard silver, or very slightly darker would be the only way forward for me. One thing I hate with a passion is grey or black wheels.

(I've even got cheap silver ebay wheel trims on the older car for the winter steels because I can't stand the look of black wheels, especially untrimmed ones)

Mike

Completely agree - silver or slight dark tint.

Darker ones just look they are covered in brake dust

• 5 months later...