Finally found one....My magic black Fabia VRS!

fozzie

Well after many months of searching for the right car I finally got one the other day!

It didn't help that I only really wanted black magic with factory xenons and most for sale don't come with this combo so I was pleased when one advertised with that spec came up for sale.

I didn't hang about and went to view it as soon as I could, it looked very clean in the advert but when I got there it was even better than I had expected not only did it have the spec I wanted and the conditon and drive was excellent but it also had an electric sunroof, ESP, heated seats, cruise control, side airbags and a cd changer under the seat!

It's had a lady owner for the last 7 years and been very well looked after so I had to have it.

Here's some pics I took today I am very pleased with it as you can imagine!

image_zps956744d8.jpg

image_zps5f8fa8f6.jpg

image_zpse404c26b.jpg

image_zps6477aefb.jpg

image_zpsb223ee58.jpg

image_zpsc7b5adaf.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice spec. You've done well to hold out for the right one.... I didn't have the time to wait for the perfect one with the right options, but most have been fitted since and plan to get the others done soon.

Enjoy your new ride :)

Thanks for all the nice comments people! emoji_1F44D.png
I did look at quite a few Fabias before I bought this one but what I realised was that I think 95% of them came out of the factory completely standard so I'm glad I waited a while and got one that had lots of the optional extras fitted to it.
I'm really enjoying driving the car the xenons are excellent and the heated seats have been lovely in the current cold weather!
Today I decided to change the standard symphony stereo and fit the genuine side cup holder so found my removal tools and got started.
post-21233-0-23113800-1420496614_thumb.jpg

Radio out and removed the left hand side and heater control trims
post-21233-0-73745800-1420496638_thumb.jpg
Side cup holder all fitted
post-21233-0-43273000-1420496649_thumb.jpg
And working!
post-21233-0-70101000-1420496659_thumb.jpg

Now the stereo I have decided to fit is a genuine Skoda MFD sat nav, I know there are loads of newer ones with more features etc but I really like keeping things OEM and think this one really does look the best (it was the only one that was available for this car) and with it being the Skoda version the illumination all matches with the rest of the car.
I had the same type fitted in my old mk4 Golf and always liked the look of it but the skoda branded versions are a lot harder to get hold of but I finally managed to find one in excellent conditon.
Now I have to mention that when I fitted one of these to my mk4 Golf the space was really tight and the Fabia has even less space so there was no way I would be able to lock it in as there was so much wiring behind the stereo I couldn't get my hands behind it without cutting them to shreds so then this happened!!
post-21233-0-56707000-1420496670_thumb.jpg

post-21233-0-98665800-1420496684_thumb.jpg
I had already taken the glovebox out but decided to remove the whole stereo cage, lower dash surround and switches loads of T20 torx screws later it came free and allowed me the room to route all the wires for the sat nav, CD changer leads and the gps aerial.
Trial fit of it working before I locked it in
post-21233-0-99637200-1420496694_thumb.jpg
So I locked the sat nav unit in and then re-fitted all the trim, switches and screws plus I fitted the radio trim that goes above the stereo that I had to get from Skoda.
All back together and working with my new side cup holder emoji_1F603.png

post-21233-0-06950300-1420496707_thumb.jpg

post-21233-0-13511000-1420496719_thumb.jpg
I'm really happy with way it looks and it sounds a lot better than the old symphony unit plus the reception is a lot better too, I can now get MW and Radio 1 and 2 are really clear where they were a bit hit and miss on the old unit so all in all a good days work!!

• Like 1

Quick Sunday update, the car has never been smoked in from new and with me also being a non smoker I decided to change the front ashtray for the genuine front cup holder because I think I will use this more.

Before:

image_zps30c56123.jpg

The new part I got from the dealers:

73474425-9ace-4159-992e-fe408be61f7f_zps

All done:

image_zps9f1cbc05.jpg

Quick Sunday update, the car has never been smoked in from new and with me also being a non smoker I decided to change the front ashtray for the genuine front cup holder because I think I will use this more.

image_zps9f1cbc05.jpg

That looks good, I planned on doing the same in mine. Having 1 cup holder is a nightmare in these isn't it. Did you get this here? http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Cup_Holder_to_Replace_Ashtray_%28Fabia_00%3E07%29_6Y086326747H That's the one I was looking at getting

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well after many months of searching for the right car I finally got one the other day!

It didn't help that I only really wanted black magic with factory xenons and most for sale don't come with this combo so I was pleased when one advertised with that spec came up for sale.

I didn't hang about and went to view it as soon as I could, it looked very clean in the advert but when I got there it was even better than I had expected not only did it have the spec I wanted and the conditon and drive was excellent but it also had an electric sunroof, ESP, heated seats, cruise control, side airbags and a cd changer under the seat!

It's had a lady owner for the last 7 years and been very well looked after so I had to have it.

Here's some pics I took today I am very pleased with it as you can imagine!

image_zps956744d8.jpg

image_zps5f8fa8f6.jpg

image_zpse404c26b.jpg

image_zps6477aefb.jpg

image_zpsb223ee58.jpg

image_zpsc7b5adaf.jpg

Nice interior,looks like she's been well looked after.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just fitted new wiper blades all round and 4 new uniroyal rainsport 3's going to get it booked in for new Cambelt, Water pump and aux belt and also a full service in the next week.

Going to be putting this up for sale in the classifieds so if anyone is interested then let me know.

Just fitted new wiper blades all round and 4 new uniroyal rainsport 3's going to get it booked in for new Cambelt, Water pump and aux belt and also a full service in the next week.

Going to be putting this up for sale in the classifieds so if anyone is interested then let me know.

Nice looking example fozzie. How much would you be looking to sell for out of imterest?